• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

The Damned

(Ugh. Damn it. I've been asleep most of the day.)

It doesn't help that this computer was slow about uploading the first video, so I kind of fell asleep again...eight hours ago.

Anyway, they're both up now:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - SoySauceMaster (Smiles And Frowns) vs. Vigilanti (Sobriety) [11:56]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - Dokurider (Bomb Squad) vs. formerdeathcorps (Deadbolt) [07:57]

Quote from: Reks on January 25, 2013, 11:31:12 pm
Oh, when you have a few minutes to spare, mind telling me what you think of Celestial Stasis as they are?

I still haven't formed that solid of an opinion about them yet given they fought my shitty team, CT5Holy's all-Squire team that had only fought twice and one...other team? I honestly probably wouldn't have had you fight that particular team of CT5Holy's team if I had remembered that he had a Phoenix Blade user.

It should probably fight a more "proven" team; please not "Y U SO DERP", "Famous Knights" or Wiz's team.

At present, all I've decided is that it's more resilient than I expected, the Geomancer Lancer is more reliable than I expected and that I kind of agree with Dokurider's comment that Beguile is skewing the Oracle's priorities'. Still, despite its abysmal chances, you've been getting lucky with Beguile so far, so....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Otabo

Sorry I haven't been uploading matches myself lately. Main reason is I'm trying to wait for 1.39 to come. Not to mention my mic died and I had to get a new one. Which I did. I'll start uploading matches again when 1.39 comes.

Anywho, Damned or Doku, if you could when you get the chance include a few of my other teams in some matches. Especially Spellstorm and Shroom Squad as they haven't been seen in action at all since they were updated (AFAIK).

The Damned

January 27, 2013, 06:35:43 pm #1942 Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:09:01 pm by The Damned
(No need to apologize, Otabo.)

So noted though. Dokurider's largely waiting until people "finish" updating things.

Regardless, here are the two videos for today:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Jumza (Reaction, Support, Blank) vs. Reks (Nanten Thieves) [15:33]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - Dol (Zombieh!) vs. formerdeathcorps (Parasite) [15:44]

Seeing Reks's team fight again reminds me of part of the reason that I feel uncomfortable about Jump.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Reks

POLE DANCERS FTW!!!!!

GG, Jumza! Your team scared me a bit, as we were able to one-shot each other. But the power of Jump includes evading all attacks and being 100% accurate, so I won this time around.

Heck, Jump IS a bit strong. Glad I could have proved just now nasty it can be, when planned for.

As for Celestial Stasis, I can't say what proven team I want them to go up against. I did ram them against SWA a few times in tests, but they only won once or twice, and that was due to the map and SWA getting split up, not from status procs. Extreme magical defense only goes so far.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Jumza

Typing this up while I watch the video...
That Dragon Spirit bag smack in round 1 screwed me over. I don't know if I would have won anyway though. Also because your dancers had re-raise there were no crystals for my mana starved units to grab.
Round 2: My units were dropping like flies here 0.o . Clearly (pole) Dancers are better jumpers than  lancers. The dancers didn't seem as though they wanted to take down my white mage while she was reviving my team. But you won anyway...
Round 3: I feel as though I'm getting really unlucky with Statii here, all her spells kept missing, although when they did hit they get healed instantly by the chemist. Then there's the dancers dodging every offensive spell I throw at them left and right. Yikes I  have been seriously out classed here :( .
Finally managed to get a petrify off on your chemist, but it doesn't make a huge difference because those dancers are being fed steroids by your bard >.< .
Well I got completely destroyed. I really need to edit this team and give the knight ether, or the summoner carbuncle. And then give the knight blind protection... Yeah I need to fix quite a few things.

Lola's teleport is probably going to get removed so the team name will make sense.

• Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Dokurider

Finally, I'm well enough to look at a computer screen again.
Well that's what I get for not paying attention to the *entire* team composition. I just wanted to fight a Cursed Ring Team, but I picked on the wrong team. It doesn't help I want to jangle fdc's bones a bit.

Everything else I wanted to comment on (like Reks' team) I completely forgot about thanks to my cold.

The Damned

("I want to jangle fdc's bones" sounds like innuendo, just saying.)

Just a heads up, Dokurider: I will probably just ask you for a new memory card this Friday since the only person "we" are waiting for is Ahong, who tends not to be around. Everyone else seems like they're going to update has already updated, baring possible changes by the people who just fought.

So...yeah. Feel better...because I'm totally inundating your PM box again.

Quote from: Reks on January 27, 2013, 08:49:08 pm
As for Celestial Stasis, I can't say what proven team I want them to go up against. I did ram them against SWA a few times in tests, but they only won once or twice, and that was due to the map and SWA getting split up, not from status procs.

So noted. I've already thought of a couple of possibly decent opponents.

(Also, if Jumza really wants his Dancer team to fight your Bard team, feel free to, you know, fix your Bard team.)

Quote from: Jumza on January 28, 2013, 09:08:57 am
Typing this up while I watch the video...

Meh. Don't feel too bad about getting crushed. The only other team that Nanten Thieves has fought thus far got destroyed even worse from what I remember.

But, yeah, at the very least, your Paladin needs Blind protection and the Summoner losing Teleport would both make your team name true--not like that's important--and give her more than enough JP for Carbunkle.

Quote from: Dokurider on January 28, 2013, 01:12:38 pm
Finally, I'm well enough to look at a computer screen again.

Yeah, I kind of suspected there was something you missed there, if only because Mutagen Bomb's Faith Rod and lack of Dark Absorb meant you were essentially starting all those matches 3 vs. 4...with two of the remaining three starting in Critical.

I could admit that I didn't look as closely at formerdeathcorp's Parasite team when I asked for you to have it fight Dol's Zombieh! team since otherwise I would have realized that Dol was likely screwed due to being unable to get past Reflect Mail. ...However, I'll just lie and say that, like with my own team's fight against AeroGP, it's illustrating a point that his team either needs Dispel Magic or some kind of offense beyond Zombie & Raise 2 and trying to get lucky with Papyrus Plate's Flare proc.

Reks

January 28, 2013, 08:49:28 pm #1947 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:37:54 pm by Reks
Quote from: The Damned on January 28, 2013, 08:40:19 pm(Also, if Jumza really wants his Dancer team to fight your Bard team, feel free to, you know, fix your Bard team)

Nah. They weren't that great, and I can't think of a way to renovate them. Instead, i'll re-post my old Minds Over Muscleheads (which is what I'd originally planned to use but went with 'trying something different'). Nanten HAS won a good number of matches I've run them through, and I think there's a few videos with them here and there. But overall, I'll repost Minds Over Muscleheads unless Jumza would really prefer to face the tourney team. It still counts, since both teams are all Bards.

Quote from: The Damned on January 28, 2013, 08:40:19 pm
Meh. Don't feel too bad about getting crushed. The only other team that Nanten Thieves has fought thus far got destroyed even worse from what I remember

That's be this match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIYhgI3hl6c

And they've fought here and there, aside from this one.

EDIT: Merp, double post.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

The Damned

February 02, 2013, 10:10:50 pm #1948 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 10:15:53 pm by The Damned
(Sigh. Why is Saturday always such a complete and total bust?)

So, first and foremost, I'll announce this: Due to set-backs (and wanting to be kind[er]) to Dokurider, everyone has until next Friday to update or add teams before I ask him to make another memory card.

*looks at Ahong*

With that out of the way, now that the videos are finally uploaded a full 11 hours after I intended for various reasons I don't want to get into right now, here are four of Otabo's matches. I probably would have them up a bit sooner if I wasn't feeling even more picky about the audio and music used with regards to syncing and such; even then it seems to screwed up the timing on that Flare. Sigh. Part of that was me feeling guilty about being lazy with so much of use of "Bar Hopping" and the same three maps for four whole matches in a row.

By the way, learn to like "Bar Hopping" because it's going to play at least once every time I record the Pub map from now on. (At least until I find another remix of "In the Bar" or an mp3 of "In the Bar" and not "just" a Midi of it.)

Without further ado, let us begin Otabo's journey into Manhood:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Birth: Otabo (Put Your Hands Down!) vs. formerdeathcorps (TestC) [13:23]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - School: Otabo (Put Your Hands Down!) vs. Gaignun (Team Ninja) [16:12]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - Work: Otabo (Put Your Hands Down!) vs. Dokurider (Peking Dragon Company) [15:58]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - Death: Otabo (Put Your Hands Down!) vs. formerdeathcorps (Abandoned Hell) [17:19]

Tomorrow's schedule (provided something doesn't screw up, of course):
1. Reks (Nishiten) vs. formerdeathcorps (Holy Blood) - 7 Battles
2. DarkxFatal (Fell Blades) vs. CT5Holy (Two Swords Proc Funsies)

I'll probably make one of DarkxFatal's last matches a 5-of.

With all that finally said, I'll just say three quick things about Otabo's team for now since I know I'm extremely behind on comments and stuff. Sigh.

1. As I stated in the SSC Tournament, Two Swords Platina Dagger ultimately doesn't work out.
2. Oracle probably shouldn't have a Faith Rod.
3. Thief should probably not have Magic Ruin if he has Throw Stone, though I understand what you're getting at since Magic Ruin is indirect while Throw Stone is Direct. Too bad the AI doesn't.

Dokurider

I had to somehow justify why my entire roster, bar Peking, lost to PYHD

The Damned

February 03, 2013, 10:15:10 pm #1951 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:53:36 am by The Damned
(Hurray for another wasted weekend.)

So...yeah, this probably could have waited until tomorrow since there is something I still need to do before midnight that I'm probably not going to get done now, but we all know how fucked up my priorities are by now. I imagine that this would be even worse if I actually care about the Super Bowl; all I care about is avoiding the inevitable riots on the way home.

Speaking of which, DarkxFatal, please make at least some type of notification when you update next time even if you're not going to abide by the reposting thing, which I can understand, because I don't have the information of the apparently old version of Fell Blades, which is...grating:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Nishiten) vs. formerdeathcorps (Holy Blood) - 7 Battles [38:16]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - DarkxFatal (Fell Blades) vs. CT5Holy (Two Swords Proc Funsies) [14:08]

Lastly, before I forget, Barren, I must commend you for having an inhuman amount of patience for dealing with both Camtasia's audio issues and Youtube's myriad of issues on such a constant basis, especially since you have game and mic audio to worry about unlike me. I swear, I'm going to start listening to all of my videos with headphones before I "produce" them because the way both Camtasia & Youtube arbitrarily lengthen things make me want to kill.

The Damned

(Weird. I'd blame it being pissed off, but I pretty much always am, so....)

It's fixed now. Thanks for the heads up.

Not sure what else I'm going to record next weekend, though I may just try to finish up that memory card in general, since I think it "only" has about 6 or so matches left already. We'll see.

Barren

Ummmm....Doku, Super Weapons is actually TrueLight's team, not Reks'
You dare cross blades with me?

Dokurider

What can I say for myself? Post Superb Owl/caffeine binge lull did a number to me. Fixed

DarkxFatal

February 04, 2013, 03:12:02 pm #1957 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:30:23 pm by DarkxFatal
Oh, crap. Sorry Damned. I'm pretty sure I changed the date at least, but I'll make a more formal set up for my teams. I figured something like this would've happened eventually. My bad.

Edit:: At risk of sounding poorly, wouldn't it help to copy down the teams you'll be making a video of in case they happen to update?  But anyways, thanks for making the video.
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

Malroth

Oh haste 2 bot why 4 u no get rid of slow?

TrueLight

Well that went better than expected, I guess. Archer continued to snipe and did moderate damage. Although he still needs a better secondary. Wizards did most of the work and actually withstood the gun shots better than I expected. Chemist on the other hand...needs some improvements.