• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 08:15:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Regen HP+MP JOT5

Started by cowcow96, May 26, 2013, 01:30:49 pm

cowcow96

I want to edit Regen, that when I use it HP and MP increase. I watched the code of the JOT5 Regen with FFTPatcher and copied it but in-game there only appear a blue number for HP but not a green Number for MP. What I have to do?

Eternal

What Jot5 did for Regen isn't something you can edit in the Patcher. You'll need to edit the status itself using ASM.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

Hopefully one of the ASM hackers from JoT5 see's this.

You have to use an ASM hack, not just copy data from the FFTPatcher, I don't have it so you'll have to hope that they give it to you.

Edit: got ninja'd by ET :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Pride

That was a custom ASM I made for JOT5 and didn't post in my thread because it took of Xifanie's Alloted space so it could potentially clash with any of her ASMs.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

cowcow96

So it is impossible for me to edit Regen with HP + MP effect?

Kokojo

It is possible but it may corrupt your files if you ever decide to change something else via ASM, as was said. I suggest you PM pride and ask for it if you're really in about it, but you'll have to backup everytime you add a new ASM.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.