• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 10:45:20 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFTPatcher copy abilities?

Started by cowcow96, May 24, 2013, 07:13:02 pm

cowcow96

Is it possible to patch an ISO only with the abilities or maybe to clone and paste it like the classes but to anther ISO?

Jumza

Yes it is possible to patch an ISO with just abilities.

Before patching your ISO you'll notice a box appearing that has 3 things, an option to include different SCEAP.DAT files, a way to find your ISO file, and a rather large checklist showing what you have edited and what will change on your FFT file.

Uncheck everything on that checklist except abilities, and there you go! You may want to make backups though in case you accidentally overwrite something important though.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

cowcow96

Thank you for this fast answer  :D

cowcow96

and how about the ability description in FFTac Text Editor? can i copy this section or do i have to do it one by one?

Jumza

I think that you have to switch it over with copy and pasting if you don't wish to overwrite anything else. It's easy though because it's just that, copy and paste.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

cowcow96

Thank you again Jumza, you are a GENIUS!!! It worked  :D

Jumza