• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 07:10:41 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Patching Problem

Started by Redline12, May 07, 2013, 10:04:01 am

Redline12

Will someone help me? I patched a pff in a FFT PSN US Version. But when i play it some battles freezes. I convert it into an EBOOT.PBP file to play it in my PSP. Will someone help me why i have this problem? Thanks in advance.
Patching is always the greatest idea in modifying.

Jumza

It is most likely the ASM hacks you are using, coupled with things like ALMA and such. These often cause crashes on other systems such as a modded playstaion system.
Are you continuously crashing in one spot? Or is it random? Have you played a different ps1 game using your psp, because if other games crash then it could be your psp that is the problem.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Redline12

Nope, i played FF7 in my psp. But the game is ok. When i play a patched FFT, in first battle, it freezes in random.

Jumza

Did you use the program FFTOrgASM, if so did you use ALMA (the excel sheet, not the character) with it?
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Redline12

Nope, Only FFTPatcher, FFTactext, and Shishi Sprite Editor