• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:53:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

What is the priority of AI learning skill in skillset,order or learn rate?

Started by scbw1234, April 25, 2013, 02:29:16 pm

scbw1234

I know the order of the skill list and the learn rate both affect their decision,but which comes first?for example if i have a list of skill in A B C order,A=50% rate with 350 JP,B=70% rate with 300 JP,C=100% rate with 150 JP.in this case if i set the job level to 2 in ENTD(which only have like 350 JP to spend),the problem is will the AI check for the % of all the skill first and choose to learn the highest then use the left over to learn other skill with less % or they just follow the order which in this case if he had skill A learned,he would have no JP leftover to learn B and C even C is set at 100% rate.

Put it simple,in this case will it always learn C(since i put the learn rate 100%)no matter what,or he is likely of learning the first two and left with no JP to learn C?

RavenOfRazgriz

The AI will roll for learning each skill in its Skillset List starting at the top and making its way down.  The Learn Rate only controls what kinds of rolls are needed to learn that skill.  So yes, he can learn A and B before C and never learn C because Out of Funds.  The only way to avoid this is making sure any skill you ALWAYS want to be learned is high enough on the Skillset List that it can always be learned even if the AI rolls "Learn!" for every skill above it, make it the top skill on the Skillset List, etc.

Shrikesnest

Here's a couple of things I like to do with the skill list:  make a class's bedrock skills very cheap (50-200 JP) while inserting a few "stretch goal" skills at higher JP totals.  This gives the AI access to a much broader skillset, and honestly your players would have just done a little grinding to access those skills right away anyways.  Also, if you make sure the JP total required to master the class is less than or equal to the amount of JP required for Job Level 8, enemies set to have Job Level 8 have as good a chance to master their class as you want to give them with the learn rate.  This can make late-game battles very high-stakes.

Of course, these are just my preferences.  Take them or leave them as you see fit.
  • Modding version: PSX
Put a drop of vanilla behind each ear and you'll smell like a cookie all day!

RavenOfRazgriz

Remember your Job Level only affects the unlocked Job set.  The AI gets that Job Level and then the requirements needed to get into the Job you set to Job Level 8 only.  This is why the Job Tree in Journey of the Five is somewhat restrictive if you've played that yet - one of the reasons for that is that it gives the AI more JP to use in its secondary Jobs, which is in a lot of cases more important than the JP it gets in its base Job.

scbw1234

scbw1234

one more question,there is a gameshark code "Enemy JP Bypass",is it possible to set this in FFTpatcher or via ASM hack to ISO permantly?

The source of this: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6137

Does the gameshark code works the with FFTorgASM and hex editor or not works for memory edit?(static or dynamic?)