• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

What's your personal build for custom hacking FFT?

Started by DameonLG, April 12, 2013, 02:47:08 pm

DameonLG

Like...what character sprites do you like to replace? Which custom ones do you use? Which build of FFT from this site do you like to play with?

I'm always interested in what someone else's modded game looks like and how it can differ from mine.

It's been a while since I played my own (It's on my Xperia Play, and I'm currently playing original vanilla on my PS3 instead).

Nephlymio

Usually, I remove those useless weapons (harp, silk, crossbow, sometimes Axe, Flail, Edicts, Poles) and put more swords, knight sword, bows, lances, rods, staves nad none the less, knives... I get down to the basics rather than having many different types of weapons which players aren't really interested in using.

I try making shields having a slow increase evade stats but starting a little higher, such as 20 to 40% rather than the actuall 10 to 75% ...

Armors and helmets are almost the same, accessories are linked to class types : Physical = gauntlet, Mantle : Magical = rings and Mantle : Rogue classes = Boots, Mantle

I give gauntlets more in power, rings in magic, and boots in movements like DHaaa! LOL

Like this, it's less confusing for the player, less types of equipments and less choices for each class. Also, the player will want to dig in for better of each types but he knows that finding a ring will make is mage class somehow better...

I remove ''useless'' or ''OP'' classes and abilities : alchemist, Bard, dancer, oracle, Archer, throw ability, Jump and replace them with some cool classes like paladin (skills affect 4r-4v on self, all allies status bonus / healing or all enemies fire / lightning / holy) Red mage (skillset is all monsters on hit learnable skills) Dragoner (like Reis but can equip more into knight stuff) Beastmaster ( replace mediator, has lances or axes depending on how I feel)

Item innates all, Move-find item innates all < like you need sensors on your shoes to find a maximilian armor ?!?> I remove Equip change but keep defend.

And the most important upgrade of all would be that none of the skills are able to kill targets in one hit while dealing damage. The reason for this is simple : less character in a party = less power so to make the opponent lose a party member, you need to put some efforts in it. Lightning stab FTL in original FFT, breaks the fun while not challenging. I rarely make attacks go over 100-120 HP of damage while characters have 300-600 HP. This makes battles last longer and status abilities worth it.

Have you not ever feel like ''omg'' while using Orlandu first turn kill crit lightning stab against elmdor ...?
I also put many more mini-bosses in random maps to throw out special equipments as there is only some basic equipments in shops. This gives the player a good reason to use thieves and searching for hidden treasures all along the gameplay. Also, potions are very expensive and more rare to find so the player will keep them only for emergency rather than JPuping with them... I also remove the level degen so there is no level hacking. And many many more, this is just a prelude to what I change to make the game look better, play longer, and way more challenging.

SilverRegret

let see.. dunno if its right to post it here, because im using FFT WOTL,
but here's what i change :

sprite
i change meliadoul (coz her sprite here is better), cloud (i liked the FFAdvChildren ver. better),
m_monk (edit the shirt a bit make it like ken), m_samurai (i like helm-less samurai better), calculator set (the original got bald head), lancer set (change their palette to gold), f_summoner (dunno something about her robe remind me of my aunt dress :?) chocobo (change original palette (purple) black & red to (real) black & white), add more palette to dragons & uribo, REPLACE dead malak (ID 12) with delita2 sprite and MOVE the original to celia unused (ID 3A),
battle alma (ID 14) with alicia & lavian sprite and REPLACE its ENTD with original alma (ID 30),
and simon (ID 13) with ladd custom sprite and MOVE the original sprite to ledy unused (ID 3B).

texts
change ramza chapter 2 & 4 job name Ebony knight and Lion Knight (no more squire from beginning to the end), change his skillset name to Swordskill and steel ability to Lightning Stab (oh yeah!), add Lionsguard job for alicia & lavian and Redmage for Ladd, rename some monster like gobledyegock to Gremlin swine to porky and greater_hydra to hyudra (i like the original better) and change some spell back to its original name (for example, unholy darkness -> dark holy, sanguine sword -> night sword)

game system
rebalance some class :
change ramza steel ability to lightning stab, squire got monster skill innate, change knight helm break & armor break to heal and restore (something like single target chakra & purification), archer no shield but got concentrate, add equip hat to monk, add equip bowgun & treasure hunt to thief, add equip book to orator, invisible starting status and innate waterwalking to ninja, innate two-hand to samurai, innate ignore weather to geomancer (not poisoned while walking on poison marsh), innate shortcharge to cloud's (soldier), remove equip bow and knife from balthier (sky pirate), remove equip flail and add equip bow to luso (game hunter)

buff the boss :
change back wiegraf chapter3 status to the original FFT (a lot harder one>.<)
replace elmdor innate safeguard with concentration (for a chance to stole genji set + harder to fight him while trying to stole his equip anyways)
give Quecklain, Belias, Zalera, Adramelk, hasmalum, altima and serpentarius counter, hp-boost, and lifefont innate status (soulbind counter for altima >.<)

monster skill :
add some skill to monster (bloodfeast to gobledyegock, choco cure to all chocobo, squeal to all uribo, elemental dragon got its specific breath, etc)

items :
change some item graphic & palette (especially the new items palette like fellsword set and onion set color), change sleep blade and moon blade sprite to katana (looks cooler), give bonus MP +50 to ribbon and MP + 30 to barette and cachusa, give speed +1 to crystal, genji, grand and vanguard helm, give diamond armlet stat to crystal mail (phs+1 mag+1), give lordly robe stat to genji armor (protect shell, phs+1 mag+2) swap grand armor and maximillian ability and stat (i like maximillian sprite better  :o)

ENTD :
188 : since we cant organize before first battle i took initiative to set the equip (standard initial equip) and give ability item to the squires and fundament to the chemists
edit all lucavi battle to give Quecklain, Belias, Zalera, Adramelk, hasmalum, altima and serpentarius counter, hp-boost, and lifefont innate status (soulbind counter for altima >.<)
fix all events related to simon and dead malak (ch3 riovannes roof battle)

things i hope someday i can apply to my FFT WOTL hack:
- change designated formation and prebattle sprite (something like Glain's UW Entries) so i can fix more special chr without formation sprite..(on WOTL)
- type 1 & type 2 changer maybe? (so i dont have to manually edit those sprite bfore applying it ingame because WOTL cant change type 1 & 2 so easily as the PSX version :( )

Nephlymio

Ya I missed on something here...

I lower stats of monsters sometimes reaching about 45 PA or MA which is totally ridiculous... this involves changing all the monsters skills formulas to fit their new low power... LOL

I try having speed between 7-12 and not higher cuz oralandu with 16-18 speed + haste is ... is ... PAIN!

I balance every class and monsters so I can fit the monster skills into red mage, this also involves that you can lower their power and magic
BUT!
Every skill that lower stats now require MP so there is no more abuse since I don't use any ''regen spell'' for MP. Else would just be broken. I also reduce MP increase so that a level 99 can cast about 2-3 more regular spells than a level 1 character. This also makes a big difference in long fights, the MP restriction make you use your spells better and a little more wise damage vs MP cost rather than just spaming because you know you will finish the fight before depletion of MP.

My sayings are :

Having big spells isn't always the RIGHT spell to cast
Having Small spells makes your strategy better
Terrain is there for a reason, tactical advantage
SKY MP is the limit!

Snap006

I always replace rapha and malak with new sprites. I change there jobs to priestess and hell knight. The priestess has white magic spells that effect everyone on the field such as reflect, float, esuna, cure, life, and one attack spell. Spells cost a lot of mp and a long charge time. Hell knight is the exact same as priestess except with status effects such as frog, undead, blind, etc.

I also on use special classes. The classes cannot switch to other classes. Example: Agrias is always a paladin with the item ability.

Everyone has innate move-find and equipment change.

Guest characters are controlled by the player and some rare items can be obtains by using equipment change on them.