• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 04:13:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Certain effects only show on one target

Started by Shrikesnest, January 27, 2013, 12:50:27 pm

Shrikesnest

I'm still plugging away at my patch, and I think it's getting close-ish to a playable demo.  I've run into a small problem, though, and although I'm pretty sure there's no way around it I thought I'd ask anyway.

I replaced the Mediator class with a General class.  The General class skillset is similar to Talk Skill, except instead of modifying Brave and Faith it adds buffs like +1 PA and +1 Speed to allies in small AOEs.  However, when I modified the Praise skill to have effect 1 and tested it out in a battle, the ability animation/effect/whatever only showed up on one of the multiple allies I had targeted, and it only showed the little "PA +1" animation on that target.  After the animation played it showed text boxes informing me that each ally I targeted actually gained the increased PA, so this is just an animation issue.

Is there any way to get the animation to play for each individual target, or do I just need to choose a different animation?
  • Modding version: PSX
Put a drop of vanilla behind each ear and you'll smell like a cookie all day!

Jumza

You have to choose a different one. The (IIRC) only talk skill that hits multiple people animation-wise is mimic daravon. You can use that for aoe talk skill stuff.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Shrikesnest

Put a drop of vanilla behind each ear and you'll smell like a cookie all day!