• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 05:02:46 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

WotL Custom Sprites

Started by Pretzilstix, January 10, 2013, 01:05:03 am

Pretzilstix

As far as I have read, no one has made a way to insert custom sprites into the Formation screen for WotL. Is that still valid? It's easy enough to add them during a battle, but anywhere else seems nearly impossible at this point. If not, does anyone happen to know why it's so difficult? I understand that it has something to do with a size difference, but that's about it.

Atma

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0
This topic talks about replacing formation sprites.  About half way down the page it talks specifically about the process for doing it for WotL.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Pretzilstix

Ah, thank you very much. I figured it out but didn't want to create a guide if there was already one. Although, I may make a guide detailing the whole process just for the sake of people in the future.

SilverRegret

care to explain how you figure to add custom formation for WOTL Pretzilxtix ?
after rummaging the site i found out 2 ways to put custom sprite on WOTL
one way is to replace existing party member sprite with another (Celdia tutorial).
the other is to assign another ID to unused sprite to save slot for your custom character, & edited their respective events.. that way u dont need to sacrifice any used character slot but alot of editing..
but it needs FFTorgASM to work and it doesnt work for PSP WOTL
i mean if you found a way on how to "point" job id to a different image number on  FFTEVGRP that would work on WOTL..i would be really grateful..