• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 12:33:55 pm

Weapon Range Modifications

Started by nextgenrpg, January 03, 2013, 06:41:45 pm

nextgenrpg

January 03, 2013, 06:41:45 pm Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:47:02 pm by nextgenrpg
I'm going through and trying to learn to use the different tools here. I've had some fun with patcher, but I've run into a few small walls.

1. How would you add the diagonal squares to weapons with Range 1?
(Giving Range 1 weapons the ability to attack all 8 bordering squares, instead of 4)

2. How would you change a Spear to only be able to attack at Range 2, and not at range 1? This would include the diagonals.

This is a link to a diagram. Essentially, Range 1 weapons could attack Pink, and Range 2 weapons could attack peach, with a 0% chance of hitting pink.

3. What do Striking, Lunging, Direct, and Arc do? What are the mechanical implications of each?
(I see that bows are "arc", and so the trajectory is different than the "direct" trajectory of crossbows and guns.

Thanks ahead of time for your brain usage.

Edit: Explained the diagram.

CONMAN

1.)- I don't think you can do that.
2.)-I would think you could mimic the attack setup that books have.  Just take a look in patcher at the books and edit the range for your spear
3.)striking-sword/knife
lunging-spear/rod
direct- crossbow/gun
Arc-bow
  • Modding version: PSX

nextgenrpg

Quote from: CONMAN on January 03, 2013, 07:37:56 pm
1.)- I don't think you can do that.
2.)-I would think you could mimic the attack setup that books have.  Just take a look in patcher at the books and edit the range for your spear
3.)striking-sword/knife
lunging-spear/rod
direct- crossbow/gun
Arc-bow

Thanks for taking a look CONMAN!

1.) So I guess the editor doesn't have that capability. Maybe if I learn something of ASM I could tinker with it, for now I'm SOL unless someone has an Idea.

2.) Taking a closer look, the books are direct, throwable... but so are shurikens, and they function differently. The thing that separates the two is "Item Type", one being "Book" and the other being "Throwing". Perhaps I could use item type "Book" with range 2.

3.) I understand that taking the lunging property off of a Spear allows you to attack diagonally with it (just 1 square). This leads me to believe that there are mechanical implications. Another example would be the fact that you could potentially avoid certain obstacles with an arc weapon. Do you know what all of the mechanical implications are for the different types I listed?