• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 08:37:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Editing WotL vs. PSX

Started by emccalment, December 13, 2012, 04:57:42 pm

emccalment

I start fumbling around this site some time ago but never really dove in. I'm looking into doing that now and kind of got lost in the information on the site.

I think I can figure pretty much everything out from the tutorials/Wizdaddy's youtube videos for what I'm wanting to do. My only question is in extracting the unit.bin and WLDFACE.bin. I know for the PSX version you use CDMage or a similar program. For WotL you use UMDGen? Does it matter if it's an ISO or a CSO?

My only other issue with diving in is a dumb mishap on my part. I've misplaced the original place my ISO came from and for whatever reason my computer isn't allowing me to copy the ISO on my PSP over to my computer.

emccalment

Windows Scandisk tool fixed my initial .iso issues. UMDGen worked like a charm, after I finally stumbled on the part about using fftpack.bin instead of unit.bin and wldface.bin. So, my .iso now loads into everything perfectly, including FFTacText. Just not into Shishi. I get a lengthy error message when trying to load the .iso into Shishi.

Am I missing something? I was under the impression that you didn't really need to do anything to the .iso to load it into Shishi.

emccalment

That was definitely going to be my next move. I'll let you know how it works out. Unfortunately I don't have enough free time to ever be a solid contributor to the site... but I'll certainly bug the hell out of everyone that knows what they're doing.  :lol: