• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 03:15:42 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

custom sprites added to fft?

Started by scorpiovaeden, November 04, 2012, 01:52:31 am

scorpiovaeden

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and modding psx fft.

The list of sprites on the main page all look great. I am wondering if those can be added to the game... if so is there a tutorial I can follow in adding those sprites like Yuffie, Vincent, etc to the fft game?

Twinees

Yes, on the main page go to tools in the downloads section. Download FFTPatcher Suite, and extract the .rar. And inside that, there will be Shishi sprite editor. This is what you will use to replace existing sprites with (note: a lot of the custom sprites only have one palette so try to avoid replacing job sprites). The rest is fairly straightforward, load the iso, and import the .spr or .bmp.

Also, I'll move this to the help section.
  • Modding version: PSX

scorpiovaeden

November 04, 2012, 11:06:49 am #2 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:50:53 am by scorpiovaeden
Thank you for the reply.

Is it possible to add sprites to the sprite list in the game... without replacing one. For example each in-game sprite has its own code... is it possible to add to the list of sprites/codes, so that when I go to change the portrait/sprite of one of my generic soldiers, I don't have to over-write a current in-game sprite in order to add in the custom one?

Not sure if that makes sense for what im trying to say.

EDIT

I should add, if I can't do what the mumble-jumbel above is asking, lol, are there certain sprites in the game that aren't really used? I noticed a celia and lede sprite listed as "never used" so I replaced them with customs... I noticed there are multiple spots for some generics. It appears to me that 60-85 are the main job sprites, but there are other job sprites listed elsewhere on the sprite list.... can I replace those with customs without changing much in the game?

Also there are a few "10-year old girl" type sprites in the game... can I replace those with customs in order to mod my save game party generics? If so, will it affect many scenes throughout the game?