• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 03:24:17 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

vita and lioneditor

Started by scorpiovaeden, November 03, 2012, 06:07:01 pm

scorpiovaeden

Hi there,

I am very interested in modding my fft game on my vita.

I was following the tutorial instructions with the psp and lioneditor... but the instructions do not work.

At step 8... it asks "Check the different removable disk drives until you find your psp. "

When i locate the psp drive... and highlight it i am unable to hit ok... so I get stuck in what to do next.

I have tried copying over the save file, in order to edit it on the pc... then send it back... but the lion editor wont open it.

Any suggestions on an alternate modding editor or process?

Eternal

If you're trying to edit the ISO, why not just use the FFTPatcher?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

scorpiovaeden

Maybe that could work... how do I transfer the iso from my vita to my pc?

Eternal

You'll need a USB cord to transfer it.

EDIT: At least it's that way for my PSP Go. Not sure about the Vita.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

scorpiovaeden

Yep i got that... the vita comes with it... I have used and setup the content assistant for transferring... I can transfer several files .sys, .sfo

But neither open in the patcher...

as well as game.psvimg, and game.psvmd

Im beginning to think the vita cant do it.

Eternal

Do you happen to have a folder called ISO, Games, or anything like that? The Patcher edits ISO files, so you're looking for a .iso, .cso, or .bin.

scorpiovaeden

Nope can't find a folder for those file types.

I'm thinking the vita only allows backups to be transferred which im assuming is the files that actually transferred over.

Eternal

Possibly. I don't own a Vita, so I'm about as much in the dark as you. If you happen to have a normal PSP, that may be easier, but if not, I'm really not sure what to tell you. :(

scorpiovaeden

No worries, thank you for your help though.