• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 07:47:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Just started, alt. sprites not loading in battle.

Started by Moondog, July 31, 2012, 05:41:34 pm

Moondog

VERY new to this modding bit. Got epsxe working but red ramza isnt loading into battles and i would assume if he doesnt neither will lunar knight, anyone know fix? i looked around abit couldent find anything on it.

Also the music cant even be called music from the lag and  bit laggy during skill animations, if these have anything to do with it. (ive tried to fix, think im using wrong sound plugin or somthin, will work on it)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.

makennedy

Moondog

ok, no offense but kinda vague there.

k my UNEDJUCATED guess is that i dont have the proper bios, could only find a scph1001.
P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9 default, seems to work better than anything i did to it
then i got this P.E.Op.S CDR Driver 1.4 that i attempted to make work but will not, prolly useless anyways. so instead i use one of the drivers that came with the>> ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

if any of this means anything to you, that makes one of us XD

settings as follows for video>> was using the no black map thread as ref.
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6100/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 1000x800 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on
- No render-to-texture: 5

- Filtering: 5
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 0
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 4/3
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

makennedy

lol, speaking of vague..."it broke, fix it". i just wanted to know the steps you followed to insert the sprites. if the emulator setings were the issue then nothing would work. if the original ones are whats showing up instead, you most likely didn't finish inserting them.

Moondog

ah ic, yeah i didnt do anything specificly, i just patched my .bin with the rebirth mod with ppf o matic. dont forget im ubernoob, just tryin to make it work correctly (cause it does work, just wrong) :p

makennedy

o, i haven't used that patch so i can'r really vouche for its stability. i'd go back over the tutorial, maybe contact some1 in the tutorial area of the forum if you think you're doing it correctly, and if possible you can msg the creator if everything else fails to get details on anything that may have glitches or need special attention.

LastingDawn

Rebirth is a solid mod. There's no issues with its stability. What sounds like the issue is that you've chosen EpsxE when your computer might not be able to handle it. I suggest getting PSXfin, it runs FFT perfectly with nary a hiccup in graphics and it's much more compatible with several patches (or was that vice-versa?)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Aqueous

I'll reply more on this when I get home but it's worth mentioning that ePSXe is -very- finicky when it comes to FFT. I'll paste the settings I have which display everything correctly later and see if that helps.

If not then it's definitely patching issues.

Moondog

ah makes sense, i thot epsxe was jank when i first started messing with it. having trouble finding a good PSXfin dl, i dont think we sposed to post links on here tho but if there is a good one could somone possibly message it to me or somthin? either way ima keep searchin. and thanks :p

Moondog

August 02, 2012, 03:48:54 pm #9 Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:43:57 pm by Moondog
ok so i found it right, but this comp is jacked up and wont allow me to open and extract the files, anyone know what program i need to do so? um, if not ill just try on somone else compy XD sorry for all the trouble

EDIT: ok got it working, now only question is how do i run my .bin from it? do i use the file> convert bin option or what?
RE-EDIT: alas its setup and done, now to the real issue, all else means naught. K my Rebirth modded .bin is in the cd images file and the emu will not play it, it like errors a zillion times in the little black box thing says somthin like CUEBIN: read error out of range <insert  number symbols here>. its the same one i was using for epsxe i just moved it over. maybe i should use a iso file instead? , um i will try to make a new one and tell u how it goes from there. any feedback would be appriciated XP