• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 14, 2024, 11:41:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Ability menu animations

Started by Conlius, July 03, 2012, 06:13:20 pm

Conlius

OK, I have a strange one.

I changed both Cure4 and Lightning Stab to 99 mana (CT 10 and 0 respectively).  My character does not have enough mana to cast either spell, but Cure4 blinks red/black to let me know.  Lightning stab does not.

When i click on Lightning stab I get the following: Not enough MP. Can't use magic.
When I click on Cure 4 I get the following: Not enough MP.  To use magic, restore status before charge-up.

Now...When I change the CT of lightning stab to 1, it blinks red and I get the second message.  When I change the CT of Cure4 to 0, it doesn't blink anymore.

So, is there any way to force it to blink red no matter what the charge time is when you don't have enough mana?  It is somewhat strange when you have a character with a mix of instants and cast-time spells with no mana and look at the menu to see half your abilities blinking red (spell CT>0) and the other half not (spell CT=0).

Conlius

Additional: It might be by design because you can still cast a spell that has a charge time while you don't have mana...it will just say "No MP" when it goes to cast later.  If an ally restores your mana before your spell reaches the top of the AT list, it will cast.