• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:39:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

War of the Gods Classic! Download now and enjoy Bastard Poetry's genius vision!

Started by Jon, March 15, 2012, 03:01:22 pm

Jon

http://www.sendspace.com/file/15o96m

Download, patch with PPF-O-Matic and enjoy!  :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANGES TO FFT (as listed in FFTPatcher, skipped those that are unchanged)

Abilities: All abilities cost their regular JP prices but are 100% learnable. Bard / Dancer have all abilities at 0 JP cost, so does Calculator. Cup of Life (I think Distribute) moved to Priest; Distribute to Summoner. Doesn't really matter where these 2 go. Fixed Assassin's Break skill so it actually works. Invite and Tame (Train) are back (due to monsters). Zodiac is learned from Elidibs or much sooner from a God Summoner.

Items: All items cost their usual prices. All items are equipped by enemies for their original values divided by half, only exceptions are Chaos Blade and Javelin II, they are at normal equip rate. All "Rare" items are now non-rare. Chantage doesn't have permanent Reraise, only starts with it. All "Items" (Potion to Phoenix Down) are used by the enemy always (level 1), same goes for throwing weapons bombs and shurikens.

Item Attributes: 41 which is Chantage's attribute is changed like mentioned above. Starts with Reraise but is not permanent. That's it for Item Attributes.

Jobs: To sum this up, its like v5.1 minus the God Monsters. They are now reverted back to normal everyday friendly neighborhood monsters of happiness. Invite them if you so desire...

Job Levels: Only 2 changes to vanilla, Calculator requires 8 in all jobs except Bard / Dancer / Calculator (duh) and job level 8 has changed from 2100 to 9999. Needs to be this way, don't complain please.

Skill Sets: White Magic got Cup of Life, Summon Magic got Soulbind (Distribute) and normal blue magic style Zodiac, Math Skill is like v5.1 (no CT and 3 plus limited magic spells), 7F is the Full Math Skill which isn't used at the moment, 80 is God Summoner's Summon Magic.

Monster Skills: Stays just like vanilla. Deal with it.

ENTD: Too much to list but I'll sum it up, all randoms and story battles that have humans (which are now God Units) have Calculator unlocked other than Gariland and Mandalia. Zodiac boss battles have changed from for example if it was level 42 (the zodiac beast) its now Party Level + 42. Just like 5.1, join ups now have Random so look forward to some nice gear. Everything else is pretty much v5.1.

All the other Tabs: I didn't do shit to them, they are all vanilla.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Jon

Update: Added the Changes to FFT in the description. Now you know what shit I changed and what I left the same, hopefully this clarifies what WotG Classic is. If you have any questions, please post below. Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Dome

QuoteJob Levels: Only 2 changes to vanilla, Calculator requires 8 in all jobs except Bard / Dancer / Calculator (duh) and job level 8 has changed from 2100 to 9999. Needs to be this way, don't complain please.

I know you said to not complain, but this is truly overkill
In this way the player needs to grind the shit out of the game to unlock the calculator job...are you sure this is the only way to make the patch work?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Jon

Yeah, all jobs are unlocked this way for the enemy, need to have it this way, sorry plus Calculators are in essence shit (they break the game).

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

SWFFT

Ugh, just started playing and missed the part where the abilities still cost their normal JP (I thought this patch had all jobs/abilities unlocked from the beginning, I guess that's unique to 5.1? I thought starting with all jobs/abilities was going to make it less boring in the beginning :/).

Hmm...I wonder if I'm in a small minority that finds it boring having so few jobs/abilities/items (always found the game a lot more fun toward the end)? When I first heard about WOTG I misinterpreted what it was--I thought it was all enemy jobs having 2x stats, enemies having all jobs & abilities unlocked, and enemies always with all items available (so always smartly equipped with Deep Dungeon rares and what not). On your side you get the same perks except w/o the 2x stats. Anyone else think that would be really fun, or would it be too easy?

Jon

Then play 5.1, you'd love that then, that's the one with all jobs and abilities unlocked. If it isn't, maybe I didn't update it on here yet, please tell me. This one is more or less FFT vanilla on your side, enemies have everything unlocked and get all the rare weapons and armor as they level up, you can obtain their stuff via Stealing. Everything else, including monsters and abilities, is still vanilla (gotta unlock jobs, pay for abilities, buy items in the stores or Steal, etc)

SWFFT

Yeah, I know 5.1 has all the jobs and abilities unlocked, but I'm not interested due to the random aspect of the enemy's equipment. I guess I should just look into making my own patch.

Jon

If you just want something in between, then download Classic and change all abilities to 0 JP and have all jobs available at the start (have them all have 0 requirement). This might however give the unfortunate glitch where you see enemy units use weird random shit like Choco Meteor or Self Destruct.