• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 05:06:18 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Art Related Help!

Started by vonkoz, January 06, 2012, 11:15:07 pm

vonkoz

I got it to work!!!!! You guys rule! This should be super helpful in creating some maps that are stay true to the look and style of FFT! I can't wait to share them with you!

Thanks again!!!
---VonKoz---
www.landofkoz.com

Eternal

I look forward to them as well! New maps are always welcome. :D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

vonkoz

Ok so I lied! I have another question. This is the PNG that I am exporting out. Does Which one is the actual texture that the map is using. Or is there a way to combine them?

Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
---VonKoz---
www.landofkoz.com

lirmont

January 23, 2012, 08:30:42 pm #23 Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:53:28 pm by lirmont
You have to load the model into a 3d modeling program (whichever one doesn't matter). Then, add that texture to the model, setting it to map to UV coordinates. The UV coordinates are imported with the model; the texture isn't, because I didn't spend enough time to make it do that.

Once you have it loaded, look at the UV layout to find the parts that are used, but know that the remaining parts may be used in weather. Note the purple areas on the right side of the screen:

Additionally, powerful 3d modeling programs offer you an option to bake your texture into a new UV map. With blender, that would result in a smaller image with just the parts of that image that are used by that model.