• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 18, 2024, 11:09:37 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

An ASM Hack that makes formula 17 gain elemental?

Started by Rfh, November 26, 2011, 11:26:42 am

Rfh

Anyone know an ASM that makes this?          
EDIT: I was wrong. Can any moderator move the topic to help?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Just use the (Report) button next to the number of your posts in your message.  In the Reason For Reporting, type "Wrong board".

Glain

November 26, 2011, 06:36:41 pm #2 Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:10:35 am by Glain
You could try this. I didn't actually look into anything too much, so this patch just switches out a procedure call for one that's supposed to take elemental into account. Also, I didn't test it at all! Nonetheless...

<Patch name="Formula 17 gains elemental (hopefully)">
   <Description>
     Formula 17 gains elemental (hopefully)
   </Description>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="122274">
     8922060C
   </Location>
 </Patch>
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Rfh

The ASM does not work, does not take into account the element.

Glain

What should the formula do if it takes the element into account? Higher/lower hit rates? Can't hit if you're immune to the element? That formula seems to always do HP-1 damage.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pride

That formula will only reduce HP down to 1, by giving it 'elemental properties' then it will affect the hit rate, not the actual damage.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Rfh

Quote from: Pride on November 27, 2011, 02:56:18 pm
That formula will only reduce HP down to 1, by giving it 'elemental properties' then it will affect the hit rate, not the actual damage.

I wanted to do was put a ability with this formula with dark element and the bosses put an immunity to dark, so the skill does not affect them. Can I get this in another way?

Rfh

If I anyone create the formula Dmg_(TarCurHP Y)% Hit_F (MA+X)% could to do this.