• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 07:03:45 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Does anyone from ID lurk here as well?

Started by Dome, November 19, 2011, 08:14:04 pm

Dome

'Cause I cannot see the forums

This message pops out whenever I try to log
Quote[#1000B] You are not allowed to visit this forum.

I tried sending the admin a message, but I'm still waiting for the reply (Which won't probably arrive, but I might be mistaken)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

November 19, 2011, 08:35:50 pm #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:46:42 pm by Dome
Quote from: GeneralStrife on November 19, 2011, 08:28:24 pm
ROFL.

WHAT?
Y U THINK ITS FUNY???!?!!!1

GeneralStrife

Arch must not liek the spam mod spying on his holds

Eternal

Probably just a forum error or something. IIRC, something similar happened here a while back.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

dinosaur

Why the fuck are you ID. Do you like emo
Penis?!?!?F

Dome

Bastard Poetry

November 24, 2011, 12:09:43 am #8 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 01:06:57 am by Bastard Poetry
Are you still getting that message, Dome?

I haven't encountered that problem at all. ID's my primary forum these days, so I'm frequently on it. If you continue to have issues, I'll hit Arch up as well.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Dome

Tried just now, and yes, I still get that message
Honestly don't know why...maybe he blocked other countries' Ip?

Bastard Poetry

Hmm..

Well, I just asked him about it, and he said you're not on the ban list at all.

No idea why you're getting that message.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Dome

November 24, 2011, 04:31:16 pm #11 Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:32:00 pm by Dome
I've tried again, and the same message pops out

Not that I had much to post, TBH...I mainly lurked there
Oh, whatever

Alaris

To answer your question, yes, people from ID lurk here.  And people from here lurk at ID.

>.>

I lurk both forums from my home... so I'm just a lurker in general.

<I do not get errors like those...>

• Modding version: PSX

Episode 42 is out! Click above to watch!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I'll risk a temporary ban and post the reply I was typing in the "Let's all bitch about ID, 1.3, and Voldemort" thread, before it was locked.

QuoteVoldemort, FDC's formula hack was released.  I hope you don't dislike us enough not to use the tools we make to make your own mods better.

Back on hacks (including hack generating spreadsheets) and tools:

Once we have a perfect set of tools - one which makes it so you don't have to keep a bunch of notes on what you did and why - anybody will be able to make a project like FFT 1.3 by themselves, in a few weeks or months.  Less time if we get a good open-source cross-platform emulator with all the functionality of pSX 1.13.  That is what FFHacktics is all about these days - lowering the entrance barrier to the greatest number of the least skilled FFT fans.  This includes even skilled hackers like you, and everyone else at ID and RPGDL and all the other FFT modding/mod hosting sites.

It is disingenuous for you to claim that there is something inherently wrong with FFHacktics - and something inherently superior in ID - while you use the newer and better tools we make.  The same goes for disparaging Tethical, which is being coded by basically two people, neither of which was here when you were previously active.  They have done a lot in a years time (or has it been two - I can't remember), and will do more as the translate the BMG into a high level programming language.  Your assessment of their progress is not helping anyone, because if these projects die, everyone will be poorer for it, including you.

If I can register at your forum (shadowman), and offer help to one of your hosted projects (the Ogre Battle - MOTBQ hardtype project) in the form of my (admittedly buggy and unusable) hack generating spreadsheets and data spreadsheets (which I just made from data other people found), and if FDC decides to defend you and your board and projects from irrational prejudice, then you should extend Tethical and the IDRE teams the same courtesy.  Because everyone who is here - or at ID's FFT boards - is here to hack FFT.  And that's really the only thing that matters.

PS - this might warrant a temp ban, not because it's inflammatory, but because it revives a rather useless topic an admin locked.  Your call.

Kaijyuu

Kaijyuu

You missed out on a song that caused a war.

Dome

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on December 08, 2011, 09:19:55 pm
You're right, you're getting temporarily banned...

...from Spam.

YOU CANNOT BAN FROM SPAM!
ONLY I CAN!
ROSEBUUUUD!

Kagebunji

Consider yourself lucky GS, because my brain just got melted, fuuuuuuuck
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown