• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 11:28:01 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Reassigning Sprites - Battle Sprites Not Working

Started by skyimp, October 30, 2011, 02:36:16 pm

skyimp

I changed some sprites in shishi and used the info in the unit.bin thread to reassign them to the generic jobs, but only the formation screen and the battle formation screen sprites and portraits are showing up correctly.  In battle it still shows the original sprites and portraits.

What do I need to edit in order to reassign the battle sprites?  For instance, if I wanted to swap chemist and oracle sprites, what would I do?

Glain

Shishi doesn't have anything to do with formation sprites; did you mean FFTEVGRP?

Generally to swap Chemist and Oracle battle sprites, you'd just open Shishi, find the battle sprites for the classes you want to swap (Male Chemist is 61, Female Chemist is 62, Male Oracle is 75, and Female Oracle is 76), save the spritesheets for each, then swap the two male sprites (61 and 75) and the two female sprites (62 and 76).

Or are you saying you want to change which battle sprites point to which classes, instead of simply swapping the spritesheets for the classes in Shishi? Would there be a reason to do it that way?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

skyimp

Quote from: Glain on October 30, 2011, 03:01:15 pm
Or are you saying you want to change which battle sprites point to which classes, instead of simply swapping the spritesheets for the classes in Shishi? Would there be a reason to do it that way?

Yeah that.  I guess I could just swap the spritesheets.  That would probably be easier.

Yeah I used FFTEVGRP too.  So shishi only affects the battle sprites then?  I thought it did both. I guess I probably have some messed up battle sprites too that I just didn't see yet.

Thank you so much for your help!