• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 12:34:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

K-Suto's Map Edits

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, October 28, 2011, 07:16:47 pm

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: Cheetah on November 01, 2011, 01:06:10 amDid you look at the lighting much on those previously unfinished tiles?

I tried to position shadows properly.  Let me know if you see anything off.  Looking at it a couple days later, I can see some places where Outer Gate needs touch ups.  So I can fix those and any other problems people notice.

RandMuadDib

does anyone know if the boat map is playable, the one on the dock? i've been wanting to do a pirate-style battle.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Wiz

In an AI setting I know that much (horrible map to fight on imo due to monstrous chokepoint w/ entries to boat from each side), but I'm not sure if it can be used for events/cutscenes.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

November 01, 2011, 01:49:20 pm #23 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:00:35 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Take a look at my suggestions.  They're on NewMap_01.png.

Also, could you post pics of your custom map at all four angles?  I think there should be several ways to get to the top area besides the front way.  Specifically, there should be a back way at the angle 180 degrees from this screenshot, and maybe a way that goes right through the building on the right and up to the roof.  The idea is that, while the player on top starts at an advantage, they can only block maybe two of three choke points.

I like NewMap_02.png, but I'm not sure you will.  And the lower part of the map, closest to the screen, is kinda boring.

I want to use this a starting point for a city of canals map.  Water below, different depths (some unwalkable for most classes and humans), lots of waterfalls from different heights, boats sitting on the water.  And above there are catwalks along the edges of slums, while at the very top there are bell towers and church steeples.  A very tall map, that's for sure.  I think the height differences and all the stuff going on terrain wise can give a map a lot of replay value.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

November 03, 2011, 08:20:46 am #24 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:44:17 am by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Thanks for the input, Pickles!  I like your ideas for balance.  However, I was not designing this map with a fair battle in mind, arena style.  This is actually intended for a storyline patch battle with the AI having the higher ground.  I understand that there will be a bit of a Yardow Fort City choke point, but my hope is to give the player a disadvantage.  However, I could possibly make an Arena version of the map.

I have updated the map a little, but I want to put textures on it before I post a new image.  Hopefully, I'll have it up before the end of the week.  My only problem with that is generating a proper palette for my map.  The difficulty with it is that to test out a palette, I must open Ganesha, export the palette from Ganesha, alter it in GraphicsGale, import it back in Ganesha, save and close Ganesha (since the next program will be using the map file), open Map2gl, hope that it looks decent.  If there was a realtime palette changer in Map2gl, it would be glorious.

Cheetah

I have been able to have the files open in both programs and quickly just reload the map in Map2gl to quickly see any changes.
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Really!?!  Awesome.  That will make things much easier.