• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 12:28:00 pm

Sprite Head

Started by Akezey, October 27, 2011, 09:53:02 am

Akezey

Well sorry for this, i news in the forum and i don't talk very well english
well my ask is someone can help with my sprit

I read the guide of how do all, but the hair dont' stay of color correct
here how he stay in the game

I can not do he stay of form correct
here how he stay in the edit photoshop

All I want change is this hair, for hair of Ramza

I take the head of Ramza and put in sprite of Kletian
then I do not know what to do now, someone can do the hair to me, thanks
and someone can instruct how do the form correct, very, very thanks, i want very learn how do this ^^

Thanks for all, and Sorry for All Things

Nyzer

You're likely not working within the Palette. There are programs out here, and links scattered about the forums, that will let you edit the palettes of your image files.

A palette, in this case, is a certain number of colors - I believe it's sixteen - that are used in a specific image. So "paletted" images will only ever use sixteen different colors. On the sprite files we use, I think we have sixteen possible palettes per image. Changing between the palettes changes the colors - for example, you can change between a first and second palette to change all blue into red, or what have you, and if you copy colors like tan for skin, that one stays the same...
The last eight palettes are the ones the game uses for the portrait (it does NOT share the sprite palette!), so if you want to truly know what the portrait looks like, you have to open the image in a program that lets you see palettes, pick the ninth palette, and edit the portrait with the ninth palette in use.

Otherwise, you don't know what the portrait colors will change into. Green could change into red, while blue also changes into red.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown