• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 08, 2024, 05:11:55 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Unable to Paste Custom FFT Patch Onto PSP ISO

Started by Vilu Daskar, October 19, 2011, 05:09:14 pm

Vilu Daskar

Good evening, one and all:

I've spent the better part of this afternoon creating a new patch for PSP's version of FFT, with a great amount of assistance from Eternal248. When I tried to paste this new patch onto the ISO, I received the following error message: "DTE for BOOT.BIN 5 failed; the ISO has NOT been modified."

I went down the various Boot.bins in the Text dropdon and deleted all the kanji I saw, closed FFTTactext and reopened it to try again, and I still received that message. Any and all assistance will be appreciated.  :)

Nyzer

It does help to say what program you're using when it crashes, though I know what it is :P

I've had much the same issue, and what happens is Tactext is very iffy for the PSP. Most of the focus on here is for PSX versions, for one, and for two, the PSP version is just more difficult to edit. Tactext and Shishi's both have more stringent size limits on the PSP than they do on the PSX. Anyway, one of the Tactext updates made it unusable on PSP ISOs.

- You've got to find version .457 (I posted a link to it in the Suggestion forums a ways back, that topic might still be on the front page there)
- When using it, the first step you take in any editing is Tactext first, always.
- You may still easily go over the text limit in any file - keep your added text short and sweet, and if you must add more, make sure you delete or trim parts you're not using. Jobs like Witch of the Coven or Duke are good things to just delete altogether - you never see them in an area you can inspect them. (In Valmafra's one battle appearance, I believe she uses the Cletienne Sorcerer job.) Look for jobs in the Patcher that don't have skillsets. You can safely delete everything relating to them in Tactext.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown