• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The greatest quote of all time

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, October 03, 2011, 07:39:55 pm

GeneralStrife

Tell me, how would you like to live over there? No womens rights at all just about.

Xifanie

It's too hot over there. Also, I don't see how this concerns me.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

GeneralStrife

I'm just saying, they may think they are right, but they are pretty damn messed up xif, A woman was lashed 50 times last month for being an actress in a movie over there.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: Pickle Girl FanboyKeep in mind that there is absolutely no irrefutable evidence that either Jesus or Mohammed, or even Abraham ever lived

I'll give you the Abraham one, as it's hard to prove anyone singular person existed back in that time.  With Jesus, disregarding Christian texts, I believe there are one or two secular texts that mention him, and another Jewish text that mentions him.  They are all minimal in content and basically say in a sentence or two "There was this guy who claimed he was the king of the Jews, his name was Jesus, and he was crucified."  Nothing spectacular there.  For Muhammad, there is more than enough evidence he existed as his military conquest of Mecca is verifiable history.

However, I do see that word 'irrefutable' in your statement.  It's true that we can choose to distrust old pieces of parchment, or at least call them suspect.  I choose to believe that all of them existed.  But, I wouldn't look down on anyone who doesn't believe they exist.  Even if someone believed they existed, I definitely couldn't fault them for not believing that they performed any miracles.

Quote from: Pickle Girl FanboyThey aren't monolithic, they aren't afraid to call bullshit on one another if one of them does something shitty, which is something I never see Christians do.

It happens all the time.  It's just the dissenters don't get much publicity outside of Christian circles, as they are the ones who don't have TV shows, several thousands people churches, or other public platforms in media, because they see most of "Christians" in those public arenas as fakers.

Quote from: Pickle Girl FanboyIt's like this.  Jews were god's chosen people, but then he dropped them when they killed Jesus (Muslims don't believe Jesus died on the cross, but they do think an imposter died in his spot, and Jesus later died almost a hundred years later in what is now Pakistan).  So then, Christians inherited the Chosen People status from the Jews (Muslims agree with this, but believe that Jews lost their status as god's chosen people because they were sneaky and stole all the money, while sacrificing children and drinking their blood - which should be funny as hell for anyone who knows what Kosher means).  So everything's fine and dandy (unless you're pagan) until Mohammed announces his revelation and is rejected by Christians.  Once they reject Mohammed, then - according to Muslims - god rejects them, and annoints Mohammed and his followers (Muslims, slaves of allah/god) as his new chosen people.

My response to this kinda address the YHWH = God = Allah situation as well.  Muslims, Jews, and Christians all worship the god of Abraham.  A lot of the big separation comes in on the person of Jesus.  Christians say he is God.  Jews do not believe this, obviously.  Muslims say he is a prophet and that to believe that Jesus is God is a polytheistic claim which violates the first pillar of Islam, the shahada.  So to Islam and Judaism, Christian belief in Jesus' divinity is blasphemy.  And to Christians, Islamic and Jewish rejection of Jesus' divinity is blasphemy.  I know much less about the divide between Judaism and Islam, though.

Anywho, as Judaism's non-you'll-burn-in-hell-ness, I'd say give any religion official sponsorship of a powerful nation, and they'll start using it to tell you what your sinful ways are and how they will condemn you.  It happened with Islam during Muhammad's lifetime when he gained enough of a following to crusade against Mecca, and it happened with Christianity around AD350 when the state religion of the Roman Empire changed to Christianity.  Judaism has never really had strong backing like that, so they are always on the receiving end.  Sucks to be them.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

Quote from: GeneralStrife on November 09, 2011, 06:41:39 pm
Tell me, how would you like to live over there? No womens rights at all just about.

Please take into account that over 80% of Islam is outside of the Middle East, and that the nation that holds the most Islamic people, Indonesia,  has democratically elected a female president, something that the US has even yet to do.