• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Transparent units gain 100% evasion for any atack. Is this possible?

Started by Rfh, October 02, 2011, 12:29:46 pm

Rfh

The same effect of invisible status effect in FFTA and FFTA2... Is possible with ASM hacking?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

RandMuadDib

The ai won't target a transparent character so the only ways they will get hit are if they are in an aoe or you do it yourself
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Rfh

Quote from: RandMuadDib on October 02, 2011, 02:36:48 pm
The ai won't target a transparent character so the only ways they will get hit are if they are in an aoe or you do it yourself

For that reason I wanted an ASM hacking.
I do not understand how to create an ASM hacking but I know how to use the FFTorgASM. (I'm Spanish and I'm only 14 years)

Wiz

In 1.3, the AI target transparent characters just like anyone else iirc. Idk if there's an ASM already in place you could use, but it wouldn't mind hurt asking if there's one for it available. For all I know, it could just require checking off a flag in FFTPatcher, but don't take my word for granted XD
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Rfh

This flag in old version of FFTPatcher named ''Ignore Atacks'' and this flag is checked in Dead, Crystal, Dead, Jump, Petrify, Treasure and Wall status. But when I check this flag in Transparent status not work.

Eternal

1.3 uses an ASM that makes Transparent characters targettable by the AI, so the only thing Transparent is good for is 100% attacks.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Rfh

Well, I see the Wall status and I remember this topic. I do this:

<Patch name="Transparent gain Wall effect">
<Description>Wall does nothing</Description>
<Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="124ad4">
5A004290
</Location>
</Patch>

This patch would be work good with the next FDC patch, but I don't know why this patch didn't work.
I'll have to look at it later.

<Patch name="Transparent ends if player's turn ends (v2)">
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11CD00">
      CD400508
      3900E6A0
    </Location>   
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="E9334">
    5A00E190
      8601E0A0
      EF002130
      420F0608
      5A00E1A0