• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Using the FFT Patcher how can I remove Reis's condition of Targeting Dragons?

Started by Rouenne, October 01, 2011, 12:35:19 am

Rouenne

So her spells, though nerfed, work on any kind of unit?

I am having trouble with Dragon's Gift, I can't find a formula that works the same as it but doesn't target dragons.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

formerdeathcorps

ETernal, Dragon Gift = Heal and remove negative status at 100%, at the cost of Reis' HP.

Personally, it would be much easier if you just deleted the dragon requirement altogether.

BATTLE.BIN
ROM: 0x1239CC (Dragon Gift Routine)
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Rouenne

How do I add that code usign FFTPatcher? I can't seem to find the battle.bin and the CWcheat section can't be altered

Eternal

Or you could just use Wish's formula, which IIRC does the same thing and works on everyone.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Rouenne

I tried but it only resores HP. Maybe I should tweak something aside the formula for that one to work.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Rouenne on October 01, 2011, 09:34:44 am
How do I add that code usign FFTPatcher? I can't seem to find the battle.bin and the CWcheat section can't be altered

Create an .XML file containing what I just wrote in the following format:

<Patches>
<Patch name="Dragon Gift no longer requires dragon">
 <Description>See above.</Description>
<Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="1239CC">
 </Location>
 </Patches>

You then use orgASM to insert this ASM.

EDIT: Note, the above is for the PSX version.  Everything here is the same for the PSP version except the offset is 0x121998 in the PSP Version's BATTLE.BIN.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Rouenne

Sorry for my ignorance but how do I do that?

I downloaded the programm to make XML files, but I have two problems:

-When I write the code and try to save the new file it says:

File C:\Users\Diego Rojas DR\Downloads\PSP_GAME\PATCH\Untitled4.xml is not valid.
   More characters are grammatically required
      Reason: one of the following is expected (see below)
         '<'
         '<!--'
         '<![CDATA['
         '</'
         '<?'
         CharData
      Details
         XML production: Production 'content' not satisfied

There is an error, an "unexpected" character. (I just replace the BATTLE.BIN Offset with the PSP one you gave me right?)

-When I get the code right, how do I add it to orgASM?

Glain

You just paste the XML into Notepad or some other text editor. Don't use a special program to do it; sounds like it's giving you problems. As long as the .XML file is in the same directory as FFTorgASM, it'll find it. Just look for the patch name "Dragon Gift no longer requires dragon".
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Rouenne

Man I am really bad at this. I just can't make it work. I open a notepad file, paste the XML given to me inside, change the name of the file to Dragon.XML but still doesn't show up in orgASM.

You sure the numbers are all 0?

Glain

Heh - just noticed, the XML is malformed.

Insert a </Patch> between the </Location> and </Patches>.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown