• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 01:37:55 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

critical abilities

Started by Lockeadon, September 29, 2011, 01:03:45 pm

Lockeadon

if you set critical to be a permanent status on an item, does that mean you will activate critical abilities every clocktick while it's equipped? thanks!

Pride

I'm assuming you mean the reactions correct? They should go off each time the unit is attacked (not by clocktick...) because they check for the unit being under the critical status rather then percentage of HP.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

If you flag a unit as immune: critical, will they never gain the critical status even when their current hp/max hp qualifies them for it?  Also, if you flag an attack as add:critical, will it add critical until that units next status check, or will it actually reduce their hp to critical levels?

Pride

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 29, 2011, 01:54:41 pm
If you flag a unit as immune: critical, will they never gain the critical status even when their current hp/max hp qualifies them for it?

I believe that is correct. Almost completely certain without looking at my notes.

Quote from: Pickle Girl FanboyAlso, if you flag an attack as add:critical, will it add critical until that units next status check, or will it actually reduce their hp to critical levels?

It will have no affect on their hp, but I believe the unit's critical status will be removed on their next turn... But I'm not completely sure.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?