• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 01:52:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Ramza sprites

Started by Enosioph, August 13, 2011, 03:31:37 am

Enosioph

Okay here's what i know.
using fft patcher, you can change any character to any non-recruitable unique characters (eg. zalbaag, dycedarg, weigraf etc)
these examples i used, will never join the unit in the normal way, unless I/we use the patcher.
now, each of those modded characters are now in my pre-battle menu, but theyre all appear to be ramza chapter 1 sprites.
well, i know i can change it by playing 'round with FFTEVGRP and changing the ramza sprite to the desirable character i want.
now here's a situation.

i changed generic character 1 --> zalbaag
generic character 2 --> dycedarg
[both character 1 (zalbaag) and 2 (dycedarg) have ramza chapter 1 in pre-battle menu]

used FFTEVGRP to change 'ramza chapter 1' sprite --> zalbaag sprite

now, here's the problem:
character 1 & 2 now both look like zalbaag.
my goal is to have character 1 stay as zalbaag appearance while character 2 (dycedarg) look like himself in his form in the pre-battle menu.
any pointers for this one???

Durbs

If you changed the Ramza sprite that they both look like, then are you really suprised that they only changed to that? Keep in mind that you were never meant to have these guys for combat. They don't have an existing EVTCHR party file for them. If you really need them to look different on the party menu you'll have to drop a slot that does have an EVTCHR for the party. For example, you can rip out Agrias / never have her join, and then you can place one of the two in her slot. You can only override other's party forms, meaning you can't (easily) create new slots. You'll have to rip a sprite file for every time you want to replace a character.
  • Modding version: PSX