• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 12:14:41 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Home coming present for twin brother.

Started by Omegus, July 14, 2011, 02:18:17 pm

Omegus

Hey guys and gals of FFHacktics,

My twin brother is a huge fan of the work that you guys do here...I mean huge fan, next to FF6, tactics is his second fave game. Anyways he is coming home from Afghanistan on Oct 27th . I have been trying to find a way for a few months on my off time to mod the game so that way I could change a make a character in the game to look like Genereal Leo from FF6 but with Geomancer abilities. I am using Ubuntu 10.10 and I finally got Graphicsgale running but ShiShi dosen't work in my wine 1.3.24 . Can anyone help me out I wanna get this project done for him after the past 8 months of hell he has been through.

-How do I get ShiShi editor to run in wine or ubuntu?
-Are sprites and portraits long to make?   

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any info is very helpful.

Kagebunji

I cannot help you with making ShiShi run on different systems, but I can surely tell you that the sprite or portrait is taking from long, to very short while. It really depends what you want to do. Portraits are usually faster to do, since it is just one frame after all, and sprite has many of them. If you decide to copy/paste head, chest etc, then the sprite usually goes by faster, but when you atempt to do all custom, then it can take really long while(annoying while, should I add). If this is your first contact with spriting, make sure to copy/paste parts from existing sprites and use FFT palettes, don't make your own.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Omegus

ok perfect. I dont have much experience with spriting like you said. Now all i need to do is get ShiShi working. Is there anyother programs that will work just the same as Shishi but work on linux?

Omegus

Dome

There might be somewhere a program that emulates windows...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Omegus

thats what w.i.n.e does. It emulates windows.