• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 03:34:21 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Need a grammar check for this...again xD

Started by Dome, June 16, 2011, 04:39:44 am

Dome

June 16, 2011, 04:39:44 am Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:41:14 am by Dome
As you guys should already know, I'm not a native english speaker
Because of this, I usually make a crapload of shitty grammar mistakes...can someone help me?

QuoteHope you liked all my scary videos so far!
I enjoy them as well; but...Sometimes, I feel...well, like someone is watching me
Whenever I'm alone, I need to put music at very high volume, because otherwise I start to hear...strange sounds
There's no other way to describe them...

Even when I'm inside my room, with all the lights on, I feel...uneasy
I'm scared, but I don't know why...
Maybe it's related to all the scary videos I uploaded...I never watched scary videos/films before I opened my YT account, but I decided to watch/upload them because people enjoy scary stories...hoping to get a lot of views...maybe I shouldn't have...but now, it's too late...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RavenOfRazgriz

June 16, 2011, 04:59:12 am #1 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:00:46 am by RavenOfRazgriz
"Hope you liked all my scary videos so far!
I enjoyed them as well, but... sometimes, I feel... like someone is watching me.
Whenever I'm alone, I need to put music on at a very high volume, because otherwise I start to hear... strange sounds.
There's no other way to describe them...

Even when I'm inside my room with all the lights on, I feel... uneasy.
I'm scared, but I don't know why...
Maybe it's related to all the scary videos I uploaded... I never watched scary videos or films before I opened my YT account, but I decided to watch and upload them because people enjoy scary stories, hoping to get a lot of views... maybe I shouldn't have... but now, it's too late..."

Random bits of cleanup, added a couple missing words.  Tried to go Grammar Nazi without completely disrupting the spoken tone of it.

Wasn't too much wrong with it though really, as you can probably tell by comparing the two.

(I rewrote it because it's faster for me to find and fix errors that way then constantly rereading it and pointing them out as a "fix this, fix that," if you're curious as to why I decided to reply that way, because it's like 5am and speed is important to me right now because bed.)

Dome

Pride

Your grammar isn't bad for someone who isn't a native speaker; I've seen (and I'm sure others as well) have seen much worse on these boards alone.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Shade

Quote from: Pride on June 16, 2011, 05:10:30 am
I've seen (and I'm sure others as well) have seen much worse on these boards alone.

Me?
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Mando

I'm not native either but have adapted... and my grammar is probably worse than yours Dome. Had you not mentioned it I would have never known.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Dome

Kagebunji

That trick with "Behind you", really nice Dome, hehe. Moar!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown