• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

October 01, 2020, 04:11:30 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

CONMAN

Feeling like I have put a lot of work in to have little to show for it... Any way, I combined a couple of colors so I could fit 3 gold colors in there and so it wouldn't look so plain.  I tried to work on a metal clasp that gilgy 8 had and felt like I was trying to cram too much detail into a tiny spot and couldn't get it to look very good.  I was inspired by a skull face on ekaiser's barret that was just posted and decided to use it.  Some of the other gilgamesh sprites from other games have a bit of a gold face there over a red sash and I figure why not.  Each game has some it's own take on the character's outfit and as long as it was recognizable as Gilgamesh, I was cool with it.

Mostly happy with the top half of the sheet.  Still need to do singing/dead and I never touch the "in water" parts until the rest is done.  Really just started the attack frames.  I've adjust the (front) cape to a larger size and adjusted them in the arm frames as well.  Right now, the hands are floating where they need to be (where the game actually puts weapons) and I will have to fill the empty space so that they reach the cape/shoulders.
  • Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

Largely wrapping this up.  Not crazy about how a couple of the upper arms look on the attack frames.  Settled on having the lower arms held tight to the body for those frames. Stole the ff5 advance port for this and made some tiny adjustments.  My own port attempts were pretty bad.  It's almost like not practicing for close to a year totally eroded my abilities there.

Valkirst

Hey, Conman I'm gonna give the portrait a try!
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

CONMAN

That would be awesome if you do, Valkirst!  I threw this in game and a couple spots demand some clean up.

Valkirst

Still working on it a bit. Almost done I think though I think the eye positioning might need some tweaking.
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

CONMAN

Thanks a bunch Valk!  That looks nice!

ekaiser

Sooo cooool! love this Gilgamesh!!! :shock:

CONMAN

Here's that sprite. And just for the hell of it, I threw it into a beta event scene.  Really didn't want to make an Enkidu sprite but I thought we had something close enough.