• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 13, 2024, 11:59:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Curse of the Viper Forum RPG - Capture Dat Flag!

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, May 10, 2011, 06:06:43 am

Randomname

Pondering a few moments after hearing familiar names, Rin bursts to full attention.  "Suranai?!  Nagatsu Suranai?!  That's the bastard that stole my lunch and insulted my beloved beret before the Battle of Loum!  Oh. It. Is. ON!"  Rin is visibly angry, exhibiting cartoonish posing with fists clenched and grating teeth.  She seemed to recognize the other name, but that paled in the thought of that damn Snap Dragon.

RavenOfRazgriz

Atrius looks to May, about to make a comment before hearing Rin's outburst.  He turns to look behind him to where she is inevitably standing.  "Rin... where do you keep coming from?"  He shakes his head for a moment. "No matter, let's head for communications.  We'll get them to page Quentin and Rellia then begin devising our plan in the cafeteria with the others.  We'll fill the two of them in when they get there."  With that, Atrius turns on his heel and makes for the door leading to the communications room at a brisk pace.

Celdia

May spins and stares at Atrius' back for a moment, stunned by the sudden change of direction. "Uhm...right then." she calls after him, "I'll be down at the mess hall with the others." Taking a moment to gather her thoughts, she looks around blankly before deciding which way to go to get to the cafeteria.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Randomname

Not about to be ignored, Rin dashes in front of Atrius to answer his question.  "Atty Atty, my snakey wakey~, it's not my fault that you're so unaware of your surroundings!  And besides..."  She bursts forward in an obvious overly dramatized fashion, giving Atrius a full frontal hug.  "Oh, I just don't know anybody else on this whole base!  Being close to you eases my abyssal loneliness..."  The sarcasm in her voice is the only thing abyssal.

RavenOfRazgriz

Atrius sighs for a moment, just letting his ex-Commander do as she pleases. "...Right.  Then follow me to the communications room then, Rin." He says, slipping out of her hug and continuing forward.  "You know we don't have time to play games."

Ryqoshay

Rounding the corner, Quentin spies a familiar green ponytail and hastens his pace to catch up. "M'lady Greenfield," he calls, "might I join you on your journey to the cafeteria?"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Randomname

Getting pissy, Rin places her hands on her hips.  "Just trying to liven up your dour mood.  You're going to give yourself a heart attack, y'know!"

Celdia

May peers questioningly at Quentin, raising one eyebrow. "I didn't hear the comm yet...are you psychic or did you run into the Captain in the corridor back there?" She gestures for him to join her and keeps walking. "And if we're going to be squadmates you should just call me May."

RavenOfRazgriz

"Maybe, but if I don't take this seriously, the Mad Mare's going to end up in a glue factory." Atrius quips back with a rare glimpse of sarcasm and a sense of humor as the two round the corner and he knocks on the communications room door, one of the techs letting him in.

"Can you guys do me a favor?" the Viper asks, "I need you to radio in for a new arrival named Quentin along with the pilot Rellia Lunar over the intercomm, and tell them that Captain Atrius Schliend needs them both to assemble in the cafeteria for an urgent meeting."

"Right away, sir!" an eager, young radio hand replies, beginning to relay Atrius' message over the intercom system for him.

"Many thanks." Atrius says once the message has been delivered, nodding to the tech hand as he turns to leave.

Ryqoshay

"May it is then, m'lady." The Executor grins as he matches her stride. "'Tis a good name, I should say. As for being psychic, hardly, I merely have a few... connections." He chuckles after the last word. "And please, call me Quentin."

Randomname

"Hmph! Just let them try to terminate me!  See if I care!  I only gave my entire being to the cause of Zeon...  Chances are my family would just pull strings to get me something truly horrible!  Like a desk job.  Or that crappy job those people in there are doing," she says, pointing to the communications room.  She moans loudy in a most distressed way.  "I don't want to do a dumb job...  I wanna blow stuff up and zip along at super fast speed..."

RavenOfRazgriz

"Then if you want to zip around, you best take this seriously, or it's both our asses on the fire." Atrius replies to her bluntly, leading them quickly to the cafeteria and hoping Rellia and Quentin will both be there waiting for him.

Randomname

"I didn't even do anything wrong!  I get outnumbered by a legion of Feddie forces, and I have to fight alongside a bunch of poor innocent newbies with my life as a pilot on the line?  This isn't fair!  Not for me, not for these other people."  If Rin knew the location of a nearby soap box, she would likely have fetched it for her previous speech.

Celdia

May tilts her head up hearing the comm announcement finally just as she walks into the cafeteria. "Hunh. Seems your 'connections' are the fastest source of news on base." She leads the way over to the table where the rest of the squad is sitting, addressing them all generally. "Looks like we've got some trouble coming our way and it rides in a familiar green-and-black Zaku. I hope we're prepared to fight like a cohesive unit this time around."

Ryqoshay

"'This time?'" He asks with a raised eyebrow. After a moment, he remembers, "Ah yes, your suits did look to be in... how shall I say... less-than-ideal conditions when I saw them in the hanger. Dare I be so bold as to inquire about the circumstances that lead to that result?"

Celdia

May looks pained at the reminder of the last mission. She takes a deep, calming breath before responding. "If you want to know what happened out there, wait for the debrief report. All I have to say is I regret not bringing that bitch up on charges for treason after the complete clusterfuck about a week ago." Catching sight of her reflection in a nearby window, May blinks in surprise at how much of a mess she looks after working on Merrygate. "Excuse me just a moment. I'll be right back." She quickly makes her way to the cafeteria's restroom to go wash up before the Captain gets back and starts the meeting.

RavenOfRazgriz

As if on cue, Atrius and Rin enter the cafeteria not long after May has ducked into the restroom.  He looks over everyone, noticing May missing but Quentin present. "Looks like you made it, Quentin."  His eyes continue to dart around, looking for the other party member he asked to be paged.  "Though Rellia is still missing... and May should've been here by now."  Atrius folds his arms, before walking over to the table and pulling up a chair with the rest of the group.

Ryqoshay

"Yes, yes, by all means, do what you must..." Quentin's voice loses a bit of its brilliance as he senses in her something deeper than she lets on. He lets her go and glances about the sizable room. Nobody familiar here... But wait, there is a smaller , slightly divided off section... Perhaps... He makes his way there to find the faces he was seeking, the ones he had seen in the files upon being informed of his transfer. "Greetings and salutations." He says warmly, approaching the table. "I am Quentin Bouteillevoix, call sign l'ExĂ©cuteur, formerly of Rasczak's Roughnecks. Most call me the Executor, but I shall ask that the ladies call me Quentin." He turns as the Viper greets him from behind. "Aye, sir." He snaps a clean salute to his squad leader. "The lady May took leave of me mere moments ago. I do believe she shall return shortly."

Celdia

May returns as quickly as promised, skin cleaned of machine grease and looking a little pink from being quickly rubbed down with paper towels to dry off. She undoes the tie on her ponytail as she approaches and silently pulls up a chair beside Lyra.