• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Fan Remakes...

Started by Oblivion, March 05, 2011, 09:50:03 pm

Oblivion

Well as I was reading through an issue of Game Informer the other day, I read an article about these to guys doing a Sonic The Hedgehog Fan Remake and well it looks better Sonic 4! The developers were only two guys: an artist and a programmer, and quite frankly they're doing a helluva good job. That got me thinking though... Why not remake old games like they're doing? It's non-profit and they're doing an excellent job. When I get into college, I'm going to learn game design and whatnot anyways... so why not remake my favorite games... Like FF5 or Earthbound... ESPECIALLY EARTHBOUND! I'd like to see FF5 with updated graphics, a fresh but familiar take on the gameplay mechanics (a few more jobs, character move around in battle). When I get the money, I want to get the program they used, Unity and do some remakes of my favorite games.
What older games would you like to see remade and what new stuff would you want to see in them.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

VampragonLord

15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Toadychan

Considering what Square did to these guys, it might not be a good idea unless you keep it limited to a small circle of people (or remake games with more lenient creators). :/

Pickle Girl Fanboy

The problem is they used the Chrono Trigger story and characters, which are owned by Square Enix.  If they had just made an engine for a 3D RPG similiar to how Chrono Trigger would look if it was 3D, and let people insert and modify their own characters, then Chrono 3D would be alive today.

Making a game that has the same mechanics as FF5 isn't terribly difficult.

Lijj

Oh my.. that makes me so butthurt to see the 3-d version of what was a pixel art masterpiece...sigh
  • Modding version: PSX