• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Battle Editing with FFTPatcher

Started by Hashmalum, March 02, 2011, 09:27:49 am

Hashmalum

I've been trying to edit the beginning battle of FFT. While doing so, there is two battles/events in it. I found the first one, then I noticed (while playing) that nothing in that battle has been updated. then I found it again, in the editor, then it did update. But there was a lot of glitches with the battles (characters showing up as messed up squares, more Ramza sprites, etc).

How can we fix this, if possible? Or is that one battle hard-coded? Maybe something went wrong... I'm not sure.

If we need screenshots, I have to wait till I get home to do that

RavenOfRazgriz

Make sure you're editing ENTD 183 if you're trying to edit the battle itself, make sure the correct units are displaying on your ENTD list, (Ovelia onward are used during the cutscene where Delita gutpunches a bitch), make sure no more than 9 sprites total can be drawn on the screen at once (this means Ramza + Rad + Alician + Lavian + Gafgarion + Agrias + Lezales + Biggs + Wedge + Fukes + Dish combined should not exceed 9 sprites), and make sure you didn't accidentally flag something you very obviously shouldn't.

The other ENTDs used for Orbonne are 100 (when the game first begins, Ovelia is praying, etc.) and 110 (when Chapter 2 first begins, Gafgarion and Agrias join as Guests and Rad/Alicia/Lavian join as permanent Generics).  Make sure you're not editing either of those when trying to edit the opening battle... because you won't get an edited opening battle but instead some really fucked up cutscenes instead.

Hashmalum

Alright. I did edit 100, so that is causing my problems.

Thanks for the help to tell each of them apart.