• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 11:53:17 am

Messed up sprites

Started by Winterglow, February 13, 2011, 07:52:25 pm

Winterglow

Ok, I have a decent amount of knowledge when it comes to stuff like this but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. The custom sprites work just fine.. however, certain animations are glitched/blacked out (so to speak.) For instance, the start of the game in the monastery when Ramza kneels down his custom sprite changes to what appears to be the original sprite but inverted (black and white.) I'm assuming this is normal? Err, I've looked up and down these forums and I can't really find anything regarding this. It might just be my own stupidity but I've run out of ideas... any help?

GeneralStrife

The sprite sheets you downloaded don't include the events. That's what EVENTCHR is for. This should be in help too.

Eternal

If you replaced Ramza's sprite, sometimes in events when he does special poses (called EVTCHRs), the sprite will glitch out. It shouldn't crash the game or anything, it's just a graphical thing.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817