• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 03:42:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Meliadoul Questions.

Started by ultimate_kensuke, January 06, 2011, 04:26:30 am

ultimate_kensuke

Wondering how to make Mighty Sword skills work on monsters as it does in wotl.

What formula would be used to make it work?

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

ultimate_kensuke

January 06, 2011, 07:21:07 am #2 Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:26:14 am by ultimate_kensuke
I apparently cant find it.... which is it listed under.which hack under asm hacks? Is it the weapon strike patch?
Is this available in fftpatcher?
edit:

side question... is there anyway to load a hacked game onto your ps3 for play?/download?

for instance if i got a iso etc could i patch it on comp and play it on ps3 or would i be limited to emulator based play? or can you gameshark this? i've never tried to modify the battle entd through gs.

Sorry for all the questions. :|

formerdeathcorps

I gave you the wrong url.  RAzele was the one who coded that ASM hack.  Yes, this is available on orgASM.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1785.0
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Zozma

note tho. Mighty sword will still miss 100% IF a human unit has "maintenance" as their support ability
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

ultimate_kensuke

January 09, 2011, 07:14:53 pm #5 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:18:01 pm by ultimate_kensuke
I am sorry but I don't quite catch the tidbit where it states it... i have only seen the picture. is there a gameshark way i can do this so i can play it on my ps3 without trying to download a rom and mod it. Normally I wouldn't mind but my download speed/ connection on my ps3 is abysmally slow.
EDIT:

I have found the:

Mighty Sword ignores equipment presence and hits monster
BATTLE.BIN
0x120A2C change 0xFF to 0xFE
0x120A8C change 0xFF to 0xFE
0x1209EE change 0x42 to 0x02

am i right to assume to go into fft patcher and do the battle bin?

Pride

You have to open up Battle.Bin in a hex editor and go to those offsets to apply the changes or I think you can use FFTorgASM and apply it that way.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?