• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 07:02:25 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[ FFTPatcher ] Making Demons join (?)

Started by Dahl, January 02, 2011, 05:02:01 pm

Dahl

hey guys! I'm sorry if this was answered before, but I searched and found next to nothing =\

I started a new WOTL cycle, and I want have all characters that display correctly in the party roster ( I'll be changing adding the Guest characters when they leave the party, so the game don't take my copy of the char ) , so I tried to add these to the first battle:

Construct 7 ( Reis sidequest battle )
Apanda ( from the Elidibs battle )
Elidibs ( from the Elibibs battle )
Archeodaemon ( Syneugh, Reis sidequest battle )
Ultima Demon ( Celia, Elmdor battle )
Simon ( random scene )
Valmafra ( random scene )

... and enabled "Join After Event", "Always Present" and made them part of the Blue team. The problem is, after the battle, only the "human" characters joined ( Simon and Valmafra ), I tried this with other characters, like Alma, Orran, and they joined ok, the problem is with the monsters and demon characters.

All characters were "cloned" from the battles they appear on ( or from scenes where they appear, like Simon ). I even tried to change their sprite and job ( so I could modify later with LionEditor, but they still won't join ... really strange.

Can I get a little help, if possible? ;_;

Eternal

If this is the problem I think it is, it's because you need to replace Unit.bin with their sprite for formation. Since the game never intended to let you recruit certain characters, they never bothered to give them a proper formation sprite. Therefore, the game will call a Simon or Valmafra sprite to take its place.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dahl

January 03, 2011, 01:27:58 pm #2 Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:42:49 pm by Dahl
Ah no no. It's not that, my grammar is awful, so let me rephrase, forget about the whole party roster talk.

Usually, when I want some character to join my team after battle, I just check "Join After Event", "Always Present" and make them part of the Blue team. It always worked with, let's say, Elmdor, the Assassins, Holy Knight Delita, Ovelia, and all that. But it's not working with non-human characters, like Elidibs and the Ultima Demons. That's my problem =x

EDIT: Ah! Just solved the problem!

It seems some characters can't be recruited at the same time for some reason. After some testing, I recruited them all:

Ultima Demon
Apanda

|_ added them to the first Mandalia Plains West random battle

Archeodaemon
Elidibs

|_ added them to the first Mandalia Plains North random battle

Construct 7
|_ added him to another random battle, the thing is, he ONLY joined if he was all alone in the map ... strange, uh?

Uff ... that required some work. Thanks again for the reply!