• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:48:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Rebirth Released!

Started by Paheej, December 19, 2010, 02:45:30 pm

arch beau

February 01, 2012, 12:52:28 pm #60 Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 12:18:17 am by arch beau
i have a question, when using the cw cheat ingame menu i noticed when it came to jobs being lvl8 only ramza was being modified.. doesnt anyone know how to make the other characters in the game get the code aswell? sorry im new the the psx version and new to the patching of these games but i was wondering why when i tried to raise bravery or faith i wasnt able to make it perma? is that ment to happen or no?

Luc

October 01, 2012, 11:15:43 pm #61 Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:12:18 pm by Luc
felt like giving this mod a play through now that I got my psp running psx games, and I wanted to have a nice reference manual I could easily access offline (for when im not home)
anyways made a DOCUMENT.DAT file with basically all the pertinent info I could copy paste from the nexus site, felt I should put it up here for anyone that may want it
It has all the item (armors/weps) info, job requirements and changes, character changes, description of enhanced random battles, poaching list -- basically all the stuff under the features section of the mods website.

the SCUS I used to make the eboot is SCUS94221 so if you're using a different one than that I'm not sure it will work

EDIT: in case you don't know how to use the file, all you have to do is put it into the same location of your EBOOT.PBP file on your psp, then when you have the game running hit the playstation button and choose 'software manual'
EDIT 2: cleaned it up a bit to make the job requirements page easier to read and added a table of contents

Asta666

Quote from: Gokajern on September 16, 2011, 12:39:37 am
I'm happy it's no 1.3, but a little extra difficulty would be ok too.

I think that too. This is the patch I like the most (great work Paheej) but I wanted some more difficulty in story battles so I combined rebirth with the changes to story battles made in FFT Kind Of (i.e. enemies lvl scales with yours and have better gear). Random battles and special encounters are left untouched.
If owners of the patches don't mind and you'd like to try it I can upload it.

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Extra patches are always welcome
Just be sure to state what the patch is (In your case, FFT: Rebirth + KO)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Asta666

OK cool, here it is then, FFT Rebirth + FFT KO Story Battle setups. Haven't tested all the battles yet but so far in CH 1 haven't found bugs.
http://www.mediafire.com/?51clm656znt7rgy

If we could combine this with some sort of Onion Knight + FFT Complete it'd be the ultimate vanilla overhaul for the PSX version :shock: .

Eternal

KO in general is meant to be the Vanilla overhaul, honestly. The only reason I didn't include Complete's script is because many people hate WotL's script, and I can't freely add Onion Knights as generic jobs. :(
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Asta666

Yeah I think KO changes are very good in general for overhauling vanilla, although I also like the changes in sprites and the addition of Lunar Knight in Rebirth.
Why people hate WotL's script? Personally I haven't read it since I couldn't get WOTL to work acceptably in PSP emulators. Perhaps you could make a version with it and one without it, although it may be a hassle to update both every time you introduce new stuff.
I thought RAD enabled the addition of new generic jobs, but I haven't read the tutorial thoroughly.

Eternal

People tend to hate WotL's script because it changes a lot of names and overall has a vastly different style from FFT PSX. Some people find that they simply prefer one or the other.

As far as RAD goes, it does add new jobs I believe, but it's also kinda buggy and may cause ASM issues with other fixes I've used in KO. Unfortunately, that means it won't be used in KO. :(

Paheej

Thanks for the comments guys!  I'm not actively developing FFT: Rebirth anymore but if you want to use our mod as a base for other mods feel free to!  If you want I may be able to host your modification on our site.

I was away for a while due to being deployed to Afghanistan (December 2011 until November 2012) and life has been hectic ever since I got back.  Got put in charge of a production of a medium sized company in New York and work right next to the Empire state building now.

I hope you guys had as much playing the mod as we did making it!

The Nexus-Studios site will stay up as I have other mods I would like to pursue in my free time (Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition).

VelvetMudkips

Quote from: Paheej on December 12, 2012, 09:01:04 pm
Thanks for the comments guys!  I'm not actively developing FFT: Rebirth anymore but if you want to use our mod as a base for other mods feel free to!  If you want I may be able to host your modification on our site.

I was away for a while due to being deployed to Afghanistan (December 2011 until November 2012) and life has been hectic ever since I got back.  Got put in charge of a production of a medium sized company in New York and work right next to the Empire state building now.

I hope you guys had as much playing the mod as we did making it!

The Nexus-Studios site will stay up as I have other mods I would like to pursue in my free time (Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition).

Oh that's me building off of this mod.  So if I see comments on bugs and imbalances I'll try to address them.  It'll still be a month or two out before I post an updated and stable version.  The goal is maintain the original feel of the game, addressing unbalances and frustrations while adding a little spice and flare where needed.  Difficulty will remain accessible to players that are completely new to FFT.  I've worked in the Assassin and a new "Slayer" class, retooled a lot of items to have a more immediate and late game usage, and gave a few weaker classes more uses in combat. I'll leave it at that for now...
  • Modding version: PSX

Azelus Crave

I have to say my favorite thing so far about Rebirth, is the Ramza change. Black Armor at the beginning and red outfit instead of the blue.

Paheej

Quote from: Azelus Crave on January 02, 2013, 11:20:11 pm
I have to say my favorite thing so far about Rebirth, is the Ramza change. Black Armor at the beginning and red outfit instead of the blue.

Yeah - I really like the small changes to characters.  I mainly did small palette swaps or recolors due to animations in cutscenes.

Oh yeah . . . there MAY be an update in the works.

VelvetMudkips

May 31, 2013, 10:01:22 pm #73 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:49:20 pm by VelvetMudkips
Now that the semester is over and summer is here I'll be pushing out a beta for continuation of Rebirth mod that I've been working on.  If you're interested in testing send me a message.
  • Modding version: PSX

Myrmidon

ok, not sure if there's any troubleshooting to be done here, but...

I'm playing this on my PSP, and I can't see the Steel Ball scene...is this something with the rom, or with the PSP?

CHL_305

June 13, 2013, 03:04:32 pm #75 Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 06:57:19 am by CHL_305
I have been playing this mod and so far I like all the aspects of it. The summoners at the beginning can be a little powerful since their charge times are down but it is still good so far. My only thing is the Lunar Knight, I thought there would be more... I typically don't look a gift horse in the mouth but after all the work I did to get the Lunar Knight, I find out he only has three moves. Also his class abilities are not that hot either. Am I missing something here? Are his intangibles what make him shine? Has anyone messed around with the Lunar Knight yet? How did you build your Ramza LK?

Paheej

@Myrmidon - Hmm I have not run into this error.  Can you send me the save file to replicate?

@CHL-305 - So the Lunar Knight is a little underwhelming in a few aspects I admit.  This is partially due to:
1. The Lunar Knight having an anemic skill set.
2. The other classes being significantly upgraded.

Really we tried to make each and every class (except Squire) viable.  To do this we had to bring every class up to the same level.  In the end we tried to make every class as useful/powerful as the original Ninja Class.  That is why so many classes have fantastic buffs.  Admittedly this meant some classes like Ninja had small debuffs - but in the end our aim was the bring all power levels (of classes) in line with each other.

From a conceptual standpoint this means that leveling up doesn't necessarily give you better classes - it rather gives you access to more options and greatly increases flexibility.  Honestly I dislike tier systems in most games.  So yes the Lunar Knight isn't better than most classes, I will take full responsibility for that - however the end result was that we weren't going for the class to be a powerhouse that you unlock - but simply another mage/knight option that you have access to.

Myrmidon

here we go - I don't know if I'm saved right beside Goug anymore - I think I started doing other things, and got discouraged by my lack of Reis and Beowulf...but I'm at the beginning of CH4 or so.

Anytime I try to load the Steel Ball scene, I get a completely black screen - no loading message, nothing...

...I'm pretty sure this is the right file...it was under PSP/Savedata/SCUS94221, and it had the right custom icon, so it looks like Rebirth...but I have no idea how PSP save files work, so it might not be the save...

Haiku

I'm currently playing this mod, and I was wondering why the new class (Lunar Knight) can't wear shield ? It's such a drawback compare to the other Knight jobs... I guess I could hack it back, but I'm not sure I will bother.

Am I missing something ?

MoogyD

Bit late to the party, but better late than never I suppose.  :mrgreen:

First off, this is a really fun hack. Had a blast playing it and I love all the neat changes made to the game. Though there is a slight problem I have. I can't play it on any other emulator outside of epsxe. I personally prefer pcsxr because it's a bit more accurate. However, when I try to play this on it, the game freezes before it can even load a map, so the only way I can play is with epsxe.  :? It's not a HUGE problem, but for some people that prefer other emulators, its kind of not fun. Not to me anyway.

If you can fix it so it can be played on some other emulators, that'd be great. Other than that, keep up the good work.

And whatever that PSP image hints at for the future, I look forward to.  :D