• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Izirudo's Sprites

Started by Izirudo, November 16, 2010, 04:45:14 am

Izirudo

@GeneralStrife if you want, just take the newest sprite I have here... it only needs some shading on the cape to be a complete crusader Ramza sprite. TO tell the truth, I wanted to make a new Ramza sprite at first since I don't like any of the Ramza sprites in the download section. Anyway, this hair editing stuff sure is tough... I haven't gotten anywhere yet. Shall I use a helmet to avoid further trouble? As for the character, I don't want to make it generic, perhaps someone more special. Can anyone suggest a name to me? I may just name him "True/Holy/Sacred Crusader" to get it over with... Aww the head is making me go crazy >_<

Izirudo

Another draft... I feel like I've been going in circles.

Same question as always... is this one okay to go with? I can only make it look similar, not the same as the hair model since that kinda hair is impossible with FFT anyway. With this hair I can take the generic male knight's portrait and re-edit it to match the sprite.

Amici

The 2nd and 3rd poses look kinda short...why not take the Baltheir hair instead, make it blond, then just slightly edit it to get the hair you want? :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

I think you had nice idea. Use helmet to avoid troubles. This is too short like Amici noticed. Besides heavy tank sprites are rare, looking forward to the helmeted version!

Quote from: "Lijj"I'm going to test it out to make sure it's quality. I'm sick of finding animation errors.
True, but since I can't do GIFs(or rather I am too lazy to learn), I put my sprites in-game and test it all. Testing ingame is even better than gifs, because of the baclground. But we talked about this on chat yesterday, heh.

Izirudo

November 21, 2010, 12:37:01 pm #44 Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:58:02 pm by Izirudo
Replaced hairstyle with helmet:

Is this good enough? I tried to put the cross on it too, but it's just impossible - such small details can't be done for FFT. So The best I could do was to imitate the eyeholes on a crusaders' helmet. Any thoughts?

@Kage I love that werewolf you created :D. Since you did a werewolf, can you do a vampire too? I can't wait to put your sprites on my FFT XD

Kagebunji

Back frames look great, but 3rd and 4th frame look weird, especially 3rd. The helmet is too big on those frames. I can see you used DK from WOTL as base, not a wise choice, unless you HARDLY modify it, because honestly, WOTL DK sucks a lot, only arms are good. If you will be able to fix forward frames, you will be set.

As to Vampire. I was set to do it, and even finished walking frames, but it looked crappy to me, so I ditched it. I may try again some other time.

Izirudo

November 21, 2010, 01:03:26 pm #46 Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:24:28 pm by Izirudo
Can you explain more Kage? I cannot really grasp what you mean... I know that 3rd frame looks weird somehow. And obviously the helmet looks too big. I'm thinking of reducing the size.

About Vampires, I think the monster Nosferatu from Disgaea can be a good reference ;)

Kagebunji

Hey, nice idea about Nosferatu, will take a look at it. Just reduce the size yeah. And sorry, I fucked up the order, it was supposed to be 2nd and 3rd frame. My bad. Last two frames look good.

Izirudo

Another draft:

Personally I think this looks much better than before. How do you guys think?  If this is good then I'll proceed to complete it in a few hours :)

Lijj

I think it looks a lot better as well. It matches altogether much better.
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

I would recommend editing the helmet just a bit, so that it wasn't quite so Dark Knight-ish. Or just leave it, it's a good looking sprite.
Current Projects:

Izirudo

Seems like this version pleases you guys :). I'll improve the helmet and do the portrait as soon as possible. However... does it look that much like a DK's? I remember the DK one to be pointier and darker. Well let's see if I can do anything about it -_-

Kagebunji

Yes, it is still too much like DK. Try making something similiar to those helms:

(this is my fav, since it shows some of his face, every FFT helmet shows face, without exception. It's the style I quess)

It's just that DK helm looks like shit. They based it too much on FF3 designs, and that is why they don't fit FFT one bit. Sad...

Izirudo

This is going on for too long... I hate doing something over and over again T_T. I tried making a head with that helmet... but the problem is that it looks quite small and uncool. Take a look at it:

Kagebunji

It does look too small, but you got the design perfectly. Just make the white line between eyes a bit darker, cause it clashes with skin ATM. If you can manage to make this helmet bigger, it will be awesome. VERY awesome.

Izirudo

After enlarging it:
OR
The main concern is whether you guys like it or not. The height of this sprite is only 1 pixel shorter than the sprite with the DK-ish helmet

GeneralStrife

both are epic, choose the want you want to do, it is ultimately up to you

Izirudo

I know it's up to me, but completing the Ramza sprite was what I wanted, and I achieved that. Now I want to release something good for everyone, and that's why your opinions matter more than mine. I'll be waiting a bit for more responses ^_^

By the way, how do I make the background of my avatar to match the forum's background? I've been clueless about that for a while :?

Izirudo

After drafting 5 frames:

IMO 4th and 5th ones look like his head is bald... I may need your help with the portrait. I've been at it since yesterday and still couldn't make it look even decent -_-

GeneralStrife

epic rule of thumb : don't start the port until you are finished/satisfied with the sprite, as it is the last and hardest part.