• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 11:26:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Don't read this in hopes of reverse psychology

Started by RavenDiante, November 12, 2010, 10:57:09 am

RavenDiante

I was wanting to know, was it possible to put jobs such as hell knight, Heavenly knight, Arc Knight, and Holy Knight into the job rotations, and maybe put some of the down-loadable sprites with them. The reason I ask is because I have been working with the Patcher for my FFT Iso with the ePSXe.v1.6.0. and I want to be able to patch some of those jobs to where I can put the skills and stats that I want, without fear of the Enemy, less boss battles, having the same. I also want to be able to use some of the custom sprites that can be downloaded... but I don't know where to place them for them to work, or take over another sprite.  Can anyone help me?

philsov

At this time the job wheel cannot be expanded.

You can replace sprites with the shishi utility -- you can freely replace some of the assassins and male squires no problem as I'm pretty sure there's an excess of them.  Just make the swap and then set X class to have Y sprite set in fftpatcher.

And btw, stickies are awesome.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2588
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

RavenDiante

Well one of the main reasons that I wanted to use different jobs is cause when I edit like a Squire, ALL the squires even the enemy ones, have the same skills/stats as mine. And that proves to be a hardcore match between 60 and below HP units haha.. And I'm still unfamiliar with the ShiShi utility :) But i'll learn as I go along. Any help with the enemy units getting the sames skills as mine?

philsov

QuoteAny help with the enemy units getting the sames skills as mine?

Set those abilities to have a 0% chance to learn with JP.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Jon

A problem with replacing what we like to call the "generics" around here is that you must replace the sprite with the same amount of palette variations, or there can be some serious problems later on. Like the Squire has something like 5 palette variations, the first one being (for all generics as well) the one that is on your side, and the others being enemies. Its much easier just making a "special" character, read the sticky I wrote for that.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

RavenDiante

Alright thank you again philsov, and thank you jon