• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Permission to use Sprites from FFHacktics

Started by thechancellor, October 20, 2010, 06:01:31 pm

thechancellor

I didn't know who I could go to about this. Should I address each individual spriter, moderator, site owner? Either way, I figured it'd be best that I ask before using any of FFHacktics resources.

I don't know if some of you guys are familiar with RPG Maker VX. For those that aren't, it's a program for making 2D RPG's where you can use your own custom graphics. Anyway, there is a contest in my area that is centered around the use of this program, and I would LOVE to use the sprites created here as my battler sprites. Of course, if I end up using them, credit will be given to each individual spriter. I just want to make sure that it would be ok with the community to use them outside of FFHacktics projects. I would be extremely grateful if I were permitted to use them.
Don't really have anything witty or interesting to put here...

ffta707

I don't see why not. As long as they are credited. But it's not really up to me. I would ask all the spriters for the sprites you want to use individually.

Get on the IRC, and I'm sure you could ask someone there.

Mari

I'm fairly certain most, if not all, would be fine with it since you're willing to credit them.
We've already had another mishap where people stole some stuff and claimed it as their own.

I'd wait a day or two so people can have a chance to see this thread.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Jon

I expect to be fully paid. Each sprite on here costs $24.99, Zozma's and Smash's cost $31.95, you have to pay the people into their own bank account.

Naw, I'm just kidding with you man. I agree with Mari and FFTA707, I don't think anyone really cares. Credit would be awesome though. Especially in the game's credits ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

thechancellor

Quote from: "Jon"I expect to be fully paid. Each sprite on here costs $24.99, Zozma's and Smash's cost $31.95, you have to pay the people into their own bank account.

Naw, I'm just kidding with you man. I agree with Mari and FFTA707, I don't think anyone really cares. Credit would be awesome though. Especially in the game's credits ;)

Hahah. Wouldn't that be something? On the topic of money though, I definitely plan on making a donation. It all depends on how far I get on the project. Another thing though, is that if anyone would consider making a custom sprite for me, I would have no problem donating to them directly for their help. If any spriters have a paypal account and wouldn't mind taking on a little spriting project, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If anything, seeing how I'd be using a lot of FFT-based resources, I'd like to pretty much dedicate the project to the community here. Hopefully I can generate some traffic for you guys which can maybe lead to more donations... Who knows? Just trying to think outside the box here. Either way, I'd love to contribute in some way to the growth of FFhacktics.

Jon

I think I speak for everyone, you don't need to pay us spriters money, unless they say so. If you are willing to make a donation, get in contact with Zodiac, he's in charge here. I think all money would really help FFH.

Nivek

Everything that has ever been created on this website is from me and me alone. I just use different user accounts to post my stuff. In fact, all these people that just talked to you are me.
Where there is love, there are babies.

Wolfran

In Credits you must put the name of each spriter with GIANT LETTERS. That is enough credit for me. :wink:
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

GeneralStrife

Really I'm not sure if it's THAT big of a deal. Credit would be appropriate..give the website name in your game :D

Mari

Yeah be sure to let them know the website too~
That way they aren't just only seeing random names and just random names.
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

VampragonLord

i say credit like this for sprites from ffh

Mari @ FFhacktics.com
Jon @ FFhacktics.com
etc
so the site and the spriter each get credit
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

ffta707

Quote from: "Nivek"Everything that has ever been created on this website is from me and me alone. I just use different user accounts to post my stuff. In fact, all these people that just talked to you are me.

NO.

------------------------------------------------

I agree vampragon.

(P.S. I am only kidding Nivek, actually, your post made me lol.)

Jon

Yeah, especially the fact that Nivek only has 8 posts (atm).

ffta707

Quote from: "Jon"Yeah, especially the fact that Nivek only has 8 posts (atm).

Agreed.

Anyways, don't forget, Lijjs sprites are $31.00. And for lijjs portraits, $45 flat. :)

Kill_Bones

If Nivek is everyone, I am in turn Nivek, also making me Zodiac. Therefore I banhammered R999 thus banhammering myself and making me nonexistant. Ok, serious time. Just make sure you ask the person and credit them. GL At your contest! Win teh gold!

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Zozma

Do as you wish if you want to use any of mine that is...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Archael

Quote from: "VampragonLord"i say credit like this for sprites from ffh

Mari @ FFhacktics.com
Jon @ FFhacktics.com
etc
so the site and the spriter each get credit

The things hosted publicly on the site are for all to see / download

but credit is appreciated greatly

thechancellor

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can complete the project. I won't be using too many advanced systems in the game so the real challenge for me was using something other than the default sprites. That workload has been cut down substantially because of FFHacktics.

MiKeMiTchi

I know a lot about RMVX, and just PM me if you need some assistance. :)
Also... I doubt you'd be using the sprites we have here, because the sprites doesn't really fits with vx.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

ffta707

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"I know a lot about RMVX, and just PM me if you need some assistance. :)
Also... I doubt you'd be using the sprites we have here, because the sprites doesn't really fits with vx.

They can, they just look giant.