• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 08:56:52 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Trouble editing resources.zip (Resolved)

Started by Eternal248, October 20, 2010, 10:59:11 am

Eternal

October 20, 2010, 10:59:11 am Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:36:31 pm by Eternal248
OK, so I'm trying to change the names of the jobs in the Patcher's resources.zip so it'll be easier for me to keep track of them later during my editing process. The problem is, after editing the resources.zip with the changes I've made, and re-zipping resources.zip, the changes aren't taking place in the Patcher. I'm using version 457 of the Patcher, and the PatcherLib.Resources.dll file is in the same folder as the Patcher and the new Resources.zip. Any idea what I can do to fix this? I'm on Windows XP and I used Microsoft Excel 2007 to save Jobs as a .xml.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pride

Do you have an extra folder getting in the way of it reading it? Such as the first folder labeled resources, does it lead right away into the files you can edit or is there another folder that you have to open before you can see PSP, PSX-US, etc.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

ffta707

Quote from: "Pride"Do you have an extra folder getting in the way of it reading it? Such as the first folder labeled resources, does it lead right away into the files you can edit or is there another folder that you have to open before you can see PSP, PSX-US, etc.

I doubt that, but I guess it could be possible. Try uninstall/ Reinstall, and if that doesn't work I'd guess, download the new one.

Eternal

I've tried both versions, and neither seems to work. I think it may be something with this desktop. Although I'm not sure what it could be. =\
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

ffta707

This really gets me. I honestly have no idea what could be causing it. Has this happened, or is this the first time you used patcher for anything big?

Eternal

No, I had no issue editing resources.zip on my laptop. I'm doing everything exactly the same this time, but the changes aren't being recognized.

EDIT: Issue resolved. Not sure how I fixed it. =\