• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:07:31 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Spriter: Looking for someone to mentor me

Started by Phlashblazer, August 15, 2010, 05:58:38 am

Phlashblazer

Hi guys,  I'm a VERY new spriter, lol.  I'm a BIG FAN of FFT and hope to make a fansprite animation in adobe flash one day.  I really love the artstyle of sprite art BUT I know that there are rules to it too.  I'm not sure how to get started and I was hoping someone could help guide/mentor me with resources and tools, maybe assign me "homework" and I could submit once a week to, or just someone to talk to incase I get stuck with something, lol.  Well feel free to PM me and I'm sure I will be able to contribute sometime in the future, thanks ffhacktics, great job by the way :)
Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Lijj

Hey np kid I'll have you working these streets in no time. Just let us know exactly what is your pleasure.... this is Final Fantasy Hacktics: Where all of your dreams come true.
  • Modding version: PSX

Phlashblazer

Even so, my hands will bring relief to people who have learned to live without hope, a human being who feeds on his brother is not a man anymore... he is a mad dog, and should be dealt the same fate.

Jon

You definetly came to the right place Phlash, here "all your dreams come true". Remember to post sprites (even in early development) and the good people on here will guide you along the right path :)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Phlashblazer

Thanks Jon for the reply and PM!  Haven't gotten around to practicing yet but the weekend will come soon and I'm looking forward to it.  There are a bunch of pixel programs for the iPhone so I might just get some "spriting" done at work, lol.  Just trying to find the best app out there, yes you have to pay -_-.  Def this weekend I can try to work on some sprites.

Jon

Spriting on an iPhone sounds funny but at the same time like a smart idea, because during the day there are always those blank moments where we do nothing, now you can sprite. It might be difficult though, unless you can open up a spritesheet on the iPhone app, I dunno, thats your call because I don't have an iPhone...whats also funny is that you could pose to your boss(es) as if you were working on something but really do sprite practice, just don't get fired over it lol.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Phlashblazer

Actually I found a great app! It cost about two bucks but I think it was worth it, got to play around with it a bit after work.