• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 06:44:46 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Xifanie

I found your commentary very good Barren, I don't really care if you have a weird pronunciation; I have no problem understand you at all.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Barren

Thankyou very much Zodiac. I like doing commentary on FFT AI matches :) I try my best and be sure I know what im saying. Im glad you enjoyed the matches i put on so far.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

Oh, I didn't mean to imply you were unintelligible or anything. You're very clear in what you mean even if you pronounce a few things a lot differently than I'm used to with something that sounds like French-esque pronunciation. Hell, unless your accent was thicker than PsychedelicEyeball's, I wouldn't have trouble understanding you if volume isn't an issue (which it isn't).

It's just a bit jarring to be reminded that I still make the mistake of thinking that everyone on the Internet pronounces words the same way that I do or even speaks English as their first language if they don't make a point to say that it's something they learned after another one.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

Quote from: "The Damned"Oh, I didn't mean to imply you were unintelligible or anything. You're very clear in what you mean even if you pronounce a few things a lot differently than I'm used to with something that sounds like French-esque pronunciation. Hell, unless your accent was thicker than PsychedelicEyeball's, I wouldn't have trouble understanding you if volume isn't an issue (which it isn't).

It's just a bit jarring to be reminded that I still make the mistake of thinking that everyone on the Internet pronounces words the same way that I do or even speaks English as their first language if they don't make a point to say that it's something they learned after another one.

don't worry about it. i know you didn't mean anything bad when you gave me your opinion on my commentary. I always try to be clear anyways at what i'm saying and I'm glad that my volume was not the issue that would get in the way of the commentary. I appreciate the kind words from you and zodiac :) i'll post more FFT Arena vids tomorrow. As far as my pronouncing goes, I am Italian so my accent may sound different than other people

FFMaster

Trust me, you don't want to hear an Australian accent mixed with Asian =p

Plus, I don't have a mic anyway.

Your commentary is good Barren.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Archael

Barren

FFT Arena Division Quarter Final Match 4 Squidgy vs Otabo

Archael

wow someone give this guy a prize that's some great commentary

Barren

Im happy you're enjoying my commentary :) But i still think you're one of the best there is when it comes to commentary

Squidgy

November 26, 2010, 02:04:58 pm #369 Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:52:51 pm by Squidgy
Yay... after 5 minutes your Counter Blood Sword Paladin was blocked from my Shuriken user, forcing him to use something non-counterable.

EDIT: Oh, and it was probably the Scholar All-Magic stuff which caused nobody to sandbag.

Melancthon

Bloody just wouldn't give up.  What was that, like five minutes of trying to kill one unit?
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Otabo

Wow, my 'old' team did some really stupid stuff in that match. Mmm.

The Damned

I had to look at Shuriken's formula to see why it was so doing so much damn damage.

Oh, Speed Save. Is there any ability you aren't a complete asshole with?

Anyway, yes, I agree with Voldemort. I think your commentary is getting even better, Barren.

(Oh, and pokeytax, I changed my team yet again already. Sorry. I'll make a change log after my next change, which I hope won't occur until after some testing is done.)

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

thank you everyone for your compliments :) you guys are awesome

Barren

FFT Arena Division Semi Final Match 1 Pokeytax vs SecondAdvent

The Damned

I keep forgetting that Yuna doesn't have attacking summons because of the name. (Silf doesn't count.)

Still, some of the better matches. Thanks Barren.

pokeytax

GG Secondadvent, I don't think my team could have won any map.  Even swapping out the Dancer for more Quick/Balance bombing, it was a very sandbaggy team and your AoE was way too much for me.

I didn't realize Barren was swapping out the teams for new ones, that is a much more clever thing to do than stopping the tourney.
  • Modding version: PSX

Melancthon

Thanks for running matches Barren, you're doing a good job.  Is anyone thinking of doing some non-"tournament" matches?  Or are we waiting for the next update again?  I'm dying to know if Team RAMROD is actually the most competitive team I've made yet or if I'm still right in the middle of the pack.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Barren

I only need to run 2 more mathces then i'll up some new teams that are entering, your RAMROD will be one of them....in fact, the new teams will take on the FFT Division Champion :)

Barren

FFT Arena Division Semi Final Match 2 Barren vs Squidgy