• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 02:11:46 pm

Help with the ARH

Started by Patri, August 01, 2010, 01:59:12 pm

Patri

I have three (hopefully easy to answer) questions about the Ability Requirement Hack.

First, when you are looking at the Data sheet, the only abilities listed with actual names are Stasis Sword and Braver, while the rest are given "#N/A". How do you correlate which ability you want to set requirements for? Do you just add 2 to whatever number the ability has on the Table sheet? (If this is a problem with my program and I should see something other than "#N/A" then disregard that) Alternatively, do you simply type in the ability that you would like to change under the "First Matching Ability" heading?

Second, also on the Data sheet, you can set Job and Synergy and all that. If you simply leave those blank, will all the abilities have their default settings (as in Cure will still reside automatically in White Magic) or do you have to change requirements for every ability?

Lastly, say I want to use FFTactext, the ARH, FTTPatcher, and FFTorgASM all when editing/creating a patch. Is there a suggested order for doing things?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the extremely noobish questions.

Xifanie

Quote from: "Patri"First, when you are looking at the Data sheet, the only abilities listed with actual names are Stasis Sword and Braver, while the rest are given "#N/A". How do you correlate which ability you want to set requirements for? Do you just add 2 to whatever number the ability has on the Table sheet?
That ^
The displayed name in the Data sheet is simply the first ability that uses this specific requirement slot.

Quote from: "Patri"Second, also on the Data sheet, you can set Job and Synergy and all that. If you simply leave those blank, will all the abilities have their default settings (as in Cure will still reside automatically in White Magic) or do you have to change requirements for every ability?
Yes, synergy is just for example: Enable the use of Dark Holy with a Wizard only if he has White Magic.

Quote from: "Patri"Lastly, say I want to use FFTactext, the ARH, FTTPatcher, and FFTorgASM all when editing/creating a patch. Is there a suggested order for doing things?
No, you're going to go back at other programs you have already used anyway.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Patri

Let me just clarify real quick if that's okay.

As per my first question: Let's say I want to make Cure require a Knight Sword. Since Cure is the first ability listed in the "Table" sheet, I would change the requirements of the first ability on the "Data" sheet below Braver to require Knight Sword (type in 1 under Knight Sword) and that will change the requirements after pasting to the BATTLE.BIN?

And synergy only has an effect IF you add a skill set to it, otherwise skills act normally. Correct?

Thanks again, Zodiac.

Xifanie

Set Cure to an unused slot like 02 or anything higher. Then in the data sheet, Cure will be displayed instead of #N/A, so that's the slot you need to put your requirements in.
And yes for synergy. If you leave a requirement slot unedited, no restrictions are affecting the linked skills.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Patri

Ooooooooooooooh so THAT'S what the column on the table sheet that has FF for the default value is for. Wow, I was wondering what the point of that was, hahaha.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to put this spreadsheet together? I know Excel decently well, but something of this magnitude would have frustrated me to no end, ha ha.

Seriously though, this thing if effing awesome.

Xifanie

40-50 minutes IIRC?

I'm pretty advanced with excel, this is cakewalk.

Patri

Have you considered making a quick walkthrough of how to use the ARH for new people? I have to do a lot of trainings and walkthrough type stuff at my job, so I can help you write one up if you'd like.

sutebenukun

Ah! I'm happy I looked for this! I now know how to use the ARH! ^-^ I'm a happy girl right now!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

sutebenukun

I'm very sorry for double-posting but I really need to know this.

I am quite unsure what I am suppose to do to patch the ARH to the game.

It says this:

"First of all you need to patch the Jumps AND Require Sword. Paste the data in BATTLE.BIN/SCUS_942.21 and you will be done with that part. When you are done messing with the spreadsheet, paste "Data Table" in BATTLE.BIN and you will be all set. This will also be the only thing you will have to update when you want to edit your Ability Requirements. Only paste into memory/quicksave if you know what you're doing."

Does that mean I take the two Jumps and paste it onto the next cell over? And when I am completely finished with the Abilities and such into the next cell over as well?

If that is the case how does it actually go to my SCUS_942.21 or BATTLE.BIN?

Forgive me for asking such bothersome questions but I genuinely don't know what to do here.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun