• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 12:08:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

I would be playing HoN, but...

Started by Xifanie, July 17, 2010, 07:24:31 pm

Xifanie

Quote from: "PX"I would be playing HoN, but the laptop I'm on has a crappy ass graphics card that can't handle it
I would be playing HoN, but I prefer to eat cookies.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "Zodiac"
Quote from: "PX"I would be playing HoN, but the laptop I'm on has a crappy ass graphics card that can't handle it
I would be playing HoN, but I'd be falling asleep.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

PX_Timefordeath

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"
Quote from: "Zodiac"
I would be playing HoN, but I'd be falling asleep.
I would be playing HoN, but I got Warcraft III and DotA!

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

winshmo2

Quote from: "FFMaster"
and I have even less loyalty to the crown

Kaijyuu

Archael

Quote from: "Kaijyuu"Dota knockoff.

So wrong.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... tnG=Search

During the early stages of 2006, Ice was fresh out of college and interviewed at Riot Games for the position of head developer for League of Legends. He wanted a few hundred thousand dollars, his share of profits, seat on the board of directors (next to several VERY highly renowned and experienced folks in the game industry, where as Ice was merely the developer of a single WC3 custom map), and 100% full creative control. While relations were cordial, I was informed that he was basically laughed out of the office for his ridiculous demands.

Shortly after this period, he secretly went around bidding the idea of developing a DotA clone to various game companies, accompanied by an agent who's name I cannot recall. It was not long before he was hired at S2 games. He worked there for a few years --based on the information I received from Riot Games, I believe sometime not long after his interview at Riot (2006) to sometime before the 2009 beta launch at which point he and S2 split ways due to unknown complications.
Given my experience as a beta tester and the fact that IceFrog would be on the beta forums all day long working on and releasing DotA beta patches, it is not hard to speculate that he was paid a significant amount of money to work on HoN and to continue developing DotA in the meanwhile. It was hardly a "free project" for him if he got anything close to what he wanted from Riot. If this is indeed the case, DotA would not be the game it is today without S2's employment and funding of IceFrog. Mind you, Ice reassured his beta testers that he was not involved in ANY other projects(blatantly false). His involvement in HoN went WAY beyond simply the blessing he gave to the game in a post on his blog back in the Summer of 2009. HoN was developed by IceFrog to be the next-gen version of DotA for the community, not some cheap copy made by developers trying to cash in on the game's popularity.

Not to mention that HoN is evidently, once you actually play it, light years ahead of DOTA as a competitive game.

Kaijyuu

philsov

Just another rebel plotting rebellion.