• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 07:57:31 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Adding unique characters to the game?

Started by Loart, June 19, 2010, 07:12:54 pm

Loart

The biggest problem I had with Final Fantasy Tactics, Maybe the only problem was the lack of unique characters in your party.
You'd get some really cool characters but they'd usually end up leaving.
I was wondering how I would go about making a unique unit, with a unique sprite-set into the game?
Of course I don't really want to add any main characters from the story as I'd like to leave it untouched, however I'd still like a few more uniques in my party.

LastingDawn

First off. Great picture (If I could get the reference picture to that, that would be fantastic!) secondly wrong section, this will be moved to the "Help!" section. Unfortunately though the unit screen is very small and isn't very user friendly. What you can do though is use Teta's, Olan's, and Balmafula's Spot. I also think one of the Malak's spots link to a false Unit spot.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

you can also use the ultima demons slots if you dont plan on recruiting any

btw remember that you can reassign the unit.bin sprite thats used via hex editor too, for example celia and lede? i assigned the dancer sprite to them so they look like dancer sprites instead of ramza in the unit menu now simlply by changing a few hex values
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Loart

http://www.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/1/0/4 ... 969056.jpg
Here's the full picture, Lastingdawn.
I have no idea where it's from, however.
I managed to stumble upon it on an image site.

@: Zozma: Ultima Demons?

Also, I believe I might need to stop posting here and remake this topic in the Help section.

Zozma

@loart yeah, the ultima demons have a unit.bin sprite as well even tho u can never recruit them normally. i know how to assign the unit sprite to a character, say unit 04- delita etc

sutebenukun

sorry to necro this; what if I were to change the sprite sheets for some characters like these units here:
34-38
They are Female Chemist, Female Priest, Male Wizard, Male Oracle, and finally Male Squire. I then assigned those sprites jobs which are the job numbers: 35-39 which are given the skillsets 4D- 52. If I assign them to a battle as a guest and also have them join you after the battle, would this work out? Or would I have to replace already existing unique characters like Balmafula?
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Zozma

those jobs don't have unit.bin (menu) sprites you know... you can use them but they will look buggy in the menu unless you use a hex editor to assign other menu sprites to those slots