• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 02:37:49 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Wonder if Square know about us...

Started by Kuraudo Sutoraifu, June 30, 2008, 07:57:23 pm

Smash

April 24, 2009, 12:19:33 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash

A posibility?

LastingDawn

April 24, 2009, 12:19:34 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Then again... there is the Chrono Trigger: Ressurection game, though did they charge for it? If they tried to make money off of that project I can see why it was shut down.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

April 24, 2009, 01:41:19 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Square can shut down any project using it's IP regardless of it making money or not

it depends on whether they feel like taking legal action

FFMaster

April 24, 2009, 07:30:23 am #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
With Chrono Trigger: Ressurection, they made it as a project to test and improve their programming skills as well as being able to show it to future employers. Square didn't shut it down, they said never to release it to the public or they would take legal action. Square allowed them to finish the project though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

LastingDawn

April 24, 2009, 02:04:49 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hah... well that's news to me. Yes, we're nowhere near their level. They let 1.3 release without a hitch, so I can imagine the same with the rest of our myriad of projects.

Art of War

Archael

April 24, 2009, 02:18:39 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "LastingDawn"They let 1.3 release without a hitch, so I can imagine the same with the rest of our myriad of projects.

1.3 is too microscopic for them to take notice

I'm not sure you guys realize just how small FFH (and 1.3) is in the scope of the internets and modding communities

if you have a major, successful FFT modification that thousands (hundreds of thousands?) will play, say, something like a FFT online mod, that will seriously absorb a significant number of people's attention from something Square *could have* produced, but never did-

then they will take notice and action, regardless of it bringing money or not

DarthPaul

April 24, 2009, 02:30:43 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
We are not big, but at the same time we are not small either.

They probably know about us already and are interested in how we develop(just a theory).

I was talking FFT with the clerk at a local gamestop and he told me if I was up to it to visit ffhacktics.com, for hacking tools and stuff to up the game experience. Shocked me a bit, not too say I'm not proud to be a part of the undertaking.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

April 24, 2009, 02:33:10 pm #27 Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:33:49 pm by Archael
I think we're not just small. We're very very small. Sure we're the only real FFT modding site, but we're still very small.

We don't even have 1000 members yet, and I'd say a good 50-70% of the members we do have are inactive or just lurking.

LastingDawn

April 24, 2009, 02:33:18 pm #28 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
You are correct, in retrospect I don't think that Square could really notice us. The internet is a humongous place anyhow.

Art of War

gojoe

April 24, 2009, 03:08:49 pm #29 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
we need a google seed page so more searches point here
I never learn from my mistakes.

ffzman

April 24, 2009, 03:18:04 pm #30 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffzman
Quote from: "Voldemort"I think we're not just small. We're very very small. Sure we're the only real FFT modding site, but we're still very small.

We don't even have 1000 members yet, and I'd say a good 50-70% of the members we do have are inactive or just lurking.

This, I think we would have to get to, or at least very close to, the hundreds of thousands before there's a CHANCE square knows about us.

Kaijyuu

April 24, 2009, 04:03:42 pm #31 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Uh, there's a darn good chance they "know" about a community once it gets big enough that thousands visit everyday.

Hundreds of thousands is a high fanbase for a new retail game.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

April 24, 2009, 05:25:10 pm #32 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
googling "FFT 1.3 patch" is >500,000 results.

O.o

Nevermind that Fast Fourier Transform is also an acronym for FFT.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Kokojo

May 02, 2009, 02:06:49 pm #33 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
HATE
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Smitson

May 03, 2009, 05:27:11 pm #34 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
I'm thinking they must. I mean all they need is for one person to take a look at the FFT board at gamefaqs and they'll find out.

Archael

May 03, 2009, 06:10:29 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
GameFaqs must be 10% the size of any respectable gaming site in japan

heh

guys

It's Japan

SentinalBlade

May 03, 2009, 07:11:07 pm #36 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
There are plenty of developers who google their games, regardless of nationality or language, and post in forums or browse a site.

The FFT Online text rpg was taken notice of by several of the developers, before they actually wanted to do anything to the site. They eventually testified it was harmless fun, despite no legal righto t use their copyright.

Several developers of the recent game titled "Zeno Clash" have posted on several torrent sites(although waht they said really doesnt matter, it was nothing negative) and have been around web pages.

Many of the older games, such as Vagrant Story, had lots of unauthorized fansite, that developers noticed, and even gave bits of information to.

I can almost assure you that GF is on the top 10 places to look in a developers search list for fanboys and feedback. Even if its just people who worked on Sony America, or even just workedo n the translation for games coming from Japan.

A while back, the Translater for the Lufia series of games, released a long time ago on the SNES, and the latest one on the GBA, posted on GF thanking people for the compliments given on his translation.

Dont think developers are unaware of sites, its a possibility they are unaware, but even the most minuscule community doesnt go unnoticed more often than not. Look at how many people from all over the world we have here. Italians, English, Asian, Phillipino, I even knew a Russian woman who visited for a brief time. Most of the time, these arent exactly people in the US, they are in foriegn countries.

Also Voldemort, keep in mind GF is browsed by people in japan all the time, and GF has a japanese language variation as well(or it might be gamespot. but those two places are the same thing, as posts in GF show up in Game spot)

Sephirot24

May 03, 2009, 07:24:02 pm #37 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephirot24
I think the site has probably been noticed. It'd be awesome if someone who worked on the original FFT posted something here.

Do you think there's a Japanese FFT hacking community as well, with lots of projects like we have on FFH but in Japanese?

Also, I'm from Argentina, South America.. so you can expect people from all over the world visiting here (and think about the ones who just lurk / don't sign up.

Archael

May 03, 2009, 07:50:27 pm #38 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
One look at the GF boards won't mean they will find out about FFH.

Alot of 1.3 and FFH posts / topics get moderated on GF.

Trust me, many have been my own.

I'm willing to bet they don't know about FFH, due to what I posted here:

QuoteI think we're not just small. We're very very small. Sure we're the only real FFT modding site, but we're still very small.

and saying that they know about FFH just because they go through GF is a stretch

If they knew, we wouldn't become aware, because nothing we are doing here is large enough to get their attention or notice for action... .ppf patch distribution is nothing compared to what I described above:

Quoteif you have a major, successful FFT modification that thousands (hundreds of thousands?) will play, say, something like a FFT online mod, that will seriously absorb a significant number of people's attention from something Square *could have* produced, but never did-

then they will take notice and action, regardless of it bringing money or not

Smitson

May 03, 2009, 09:11:16 pm #39 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smitson
Quote from: "Voldemort"If they knew, we wouldn't become aware, because nothing we are doing here is large enough to get their attention or notice for action... .ppf

This is what I personally believe is the case.