• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 03:39:42 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

My First Sprite Edit

Started by Seth, May 17, 2010, 07:41:34 pm

Seth

This Sprite is a quick edit of Gafgarion. Remove the Stache, and You got a young Dark Knight! Voila!
[attachment=1:3llvkm4o]gafgarion.bmp[/attachment:3llvkm4o]

My Results:
[attachment=0:3llvkm4o]Results.bmp[/attachment:3llvkm4o]

It's Free to use, No credit is needed :)

Enjoy

SilvasRuin

The face is shaped strangely in most of the views.  You probably just filled in the mustache area with skin tones, which is causing it to look weird.  Round his face off a bit on the views that the mustache went off the face a bit.  The diagonal front walking and standing frames are the only ones that don't look odd to me.

There's also a tiny bit on the portrait that needs fixing.  Right where his right cheek meets the helm, there's a few pixels that should probably be changed to match the helm.

Seth

Okay thanks for the tips.

Okay I tested this sprite, and here are some errors with it;

~Arms sometimes disconnect (I dont know why, I didn't touch the arms)

~ Head might Float by a pixel (hardly noticable)

mav

Arms are probably disconnecting if you switched the sprite types. Gafgarion is a Type1 sprite. Fix up what Silvas mentioned, and his face will look better. If you really wanna make this sprite look interesting, consider creating a new palette for him.

Cheetah

Lets see some palette changes and the stache fixed and this could be worth submitting.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Seth

Okay, switched to type one and still have the arms disconnect...
Any Help?

Oberon

you mit have to move the arms back to their original postion if u moved them. jus use an original gaff sprite for reference.

DeadManWalking

Make sure you switch them in both spots.

blade8531

Sometimes the sprite editor shows the arms disconnected even when they shouldn't be when you switch types or import a new sprite.  It often corrects ifself if you just exit and restart the editor.

Seth

Never Mind, It works fine. Now fixing the chin and portrait.