• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 04:09:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Kagebunji

I and Jimmy once were doing a project called "FF9 sprite completition project". I managed to do Garnet(full), Zidnae(few frames), Steiner(few frames) and Kuja(one frame). Jimmy did Freya(one frame, no one saw it, only me and him), Vivi(few frames), Steiner(few frames, we both did other ver. of Steiner). That is all IIRC. If you want the BMP, tell me, I can send you some of those since I am not working on it anymore.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

sutebenukun

Oh that would be really cool, thanks!
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Lijj

November 21, 2010, 08:36:32 am #262 Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:44:08 am by Lijj
Here is the back of the generic male knight so far:

Kagebunji

Heh, that line is looking good, but it is somewhat...lacking. Maybe try adding some other lines to it? Also, the upper right part of cape is going crazy on those frames, try fixing this. And welcome back!

GeneralStrife

Announcing the return of liji!

Anyways WB, glad to see you returning

mav

The shading and general design of the cape is bothering me a bit. Look where his hair meets his cape--there's just random bright pixels popping up and there's just something too linear to the brown outline. Consider using a second shade of brown, cause something about it is irking me the wrong way. And I think you could make a cooler design than just three brown stripes, but that's just me.

Lijj

Hmm.. I'll have to rest on it. Another design might be best.  But I do have more shades for the stripes. I'll sleep on it..
 don't know what I should do yet. maybe completely stripey?

Oh yeah and damn I must have been tired I didn't see that white mess up there.

Good to be back! thanks Strife
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

___
I know stripes are out of style but.. I'll only change it if you you guys really hate it.______________________________________________________________(experimental)
What would you recommend?

VampragonLord

i like the basicness of the line down the middle, though i think it needs  a little more..... body? not make it thicker, but make it stand out slightly better.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Amici

I think the non-stripes version is more elegant too, the contrast of the big middle gold-blue line on the pearl cape is nice :) BTW which program do you use to get a walking animation GIF Lijj?

Lijj

I think you're right General Strife... he is 1px shorter than the original knight :oops:
What it was that threw me off was the onion knight base. Because of the plume they made him more compact.

mav

Eh, one pixel ain't too bad. I like the single stripe a lot. It's amazing how much a difference shading can make. The experimental design is interesting, but a little too busy for my tastes.

Kagebunji

Any progress? Also, on forward walking, look above his left(our right)eye a little, for a second a misplaced pixel shows on hair.

Lijj

No I had some issues with a new computer and lost just over 5 hours of work so I shelved it for now out of madness. I did start working on this for kicks:

VampragonLord

looks pretty clean though its a bit hard to tell what shes wearing.... id say just clean up the top better so you can tell whats going on there. Im not quite sure whether the blue is a necklace, and undershirt, or part of the same top.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Lijj

Female Viking (type-1):
Turned her into a viking since there was no  specific intention but I have to change her to Type1 (fun). So far I have only the front walking frames as type 1 (other arms still unaligned because it's using type 2 arms.)

Kagebunji

You do know you don't have to mess with types right? Just insert in ShiShi, and select type 2, it will display properly in-game(though on the sheet nothing will change) I know cause I tried this before. As to sprite itself, helm looks great, but the body looks nothing like Viking. They live in cold enviroments(that's where they come from), so I doubt any Viking would wear such outfit. I suggest you keep the head and hair, and do new body. Good job on this!

Wolfran

Nice helm Lijj, I think the same as Kage, she needs  more fur clothes unless you have in mind a viking striper :mrgreen: .
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Cheetah

Well I really like the helmet, though I'm not a fan of the design as a whole. If you wanted to make a Viking class you should use the Valkyrie that Kage did and then slap this helmet on a male design.
Current Projects: