• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 01:53:13 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

mav

Quote from: "Lijj"Oh if you want you could even do a color swap the way you did with those other Priests.
I'd love to, unfortunately the eyes share colors with the whites, so I can't really. Alright, here's what I've done: desaturated the red-orange, so maybe this works as an orange one, I created a yellow one, and a lavender one. These color swaps take like a minute each, so if you'd like to see any combination, let me know; it's no sweat.
[attachment=0:1brihck8]newpriestpals.png[/attachment:1brihck8]

jimmyjw88

Question on the port ~ Why aren't you using white?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

I dunno if you're talking to me, Jimmy, but I haven't gotten to changing the colors on the portrait. It's usually not as big of an issue as the sprite itself.

jimmyjw88

My apology, should have clarified. To Lijj.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

I inserted the palettes to the .BMP file, so this thing's ready to go. There is a small issue with the portraits though: the clothing shares a color with the background, so I didn't edit that, leaving some of the portraits a little odd looking. Feel free to review them and test them in game. Unfortunately I don't have time to post previews of the sprite, so load this thing up in ShiShi and see it for yourselves.
[attachment=0:30ydefkq]WW_M.bmp[/attachment:30ydefkq]

Lijj

Sheesh why do I always do that! Oh well thanks. I'll try to tweak the ports before submitting. I'm going out of town for the night but will be back tomorrow to edit and submit!
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Lijj, I found serious allingment problems with your Female BM, view frames from 132 to 181 to see what I mean, it is very important to fx this, it looks ugly TBH, inproper allingment.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Ok I'll check it out.. That's odd though.
I dont have internet as of now. So I don't know when I'll be able to log in again.
Will definitely be looking at that when I get home

sutebenukun

Lijj could I make a request of you? I realize this really isn't the place to do it and you may be too busy to even bother with it but could you make generic sage sprites? Based off your Generic Black and White mages I believe you could make an extremely good male and female sage and to be quite honest I think you would be best suited for it. Please consider it.
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

Lijj

sutebenukun

Hmm... they are okay but for some reason I feel that you could make even better ones. That and one of them is missing a portrait... but mainly the first reason.

Kagebunji

How about you learn to sprite yourself? It is not hard, all you need is creativity.

Jon

Wow, I didn't see this until now, but those Black Mages are awesome! Great work Lijj! Nice portraits too Mav(you made them right?)! I will use them if I ever make/finish a patch ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Nope, Lijj did those portraits, Mav did some (if not all, don't remeber) of the palettes. Have you checked that Female BM, Lijj?

sutebenukun

I do sprite, but my abilities lie mainly in the 2d department like Final Fantasy VI kind of stuff in fact if you go to Zeemis' website you can actually see quite a few of my sprites.

Lijj

Jon: Great I hope to see them in a patch! I've been hoping to see that someday

Sutebenukem: That's why your name rung a bell. I saw some of your sprites. I'm glad you came to this forum.

Kage: I'll look into it soon. I've just been busy. I will try to get to it now

sutebenukun

Thanks. Um... I do have a request that would follow your pattern so far (what with the generic Black mages, white mages and samurai) could you make a set of new generic thieves? I know I for one never really cared much for the way the male and female thieves looked. Especially the female one...I thought that one was just plain...ugly that and the female monk so I used Melodia for the female monk and it actually works pretty well that way but anywho, would you consider doing thieves next?

Kagebunji

If it is thieves we talk about, Zidane is FTW, no thieves until Zidane is done :P. I still have my Zidane with few frames done.

sutebenukun

Oh? there is a zidane sprite being worked on? I saw that we have a Beatrix and Garnet hmm..... Once I take it upon myself to learn this type of spriting I will definitely make a Vivi...

GeneralStrife

there was a vivi partially complete, think it was jimmy's